The Sklar Kirsh Real Estate Practice Group represents a wide array of institutional, entrepreneurial, and family office clients throughout the real estate life cycle involving the acquisition, financing, capital raising, leasing and ultimately the sale of all commercial and residential asset classes. In addition to providing legal services at the highest level, we have developed meaningful relationships within the capital markets and have successfully introduced our clients to both equity and financing sources for the capitalization of their projects.
While structuring real estate transactions, our attorneys have the legal knowledge, business acumen and capital market connections to provide superior legal counsel and business advice to our clients.
- Represented Skya Highland Park Partners II, LLC, an affiliate of Skya Ventures, Inc., in its acquisition of four vacant parcels located in the Highland Park area of Los Angeles, California for a total purchase price of $5,100,000. In order to finance this acquisition, we also assisted our client in forming a syndication entity to acquire the properties.
- Represented Culver Studio Partners, LLC, an affiliate of Vista Investment Group, LLC, in its acquisition of an office building in Playa del Rey, California. The $12,625,000 acquisition was the back-end of a 1031 exchange and was also funded by a senior loan from Knighthead Funding, LLC, in the amount of $9,200,000. Seller was represented by Shoreline Law; Lender was represented by Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP.
- Represented HSR Yosemite, LP, an affiliate of HSR Income and Value REIT I, Inc., in its acquisition of Yosemite Gardens Apartments, a multi-family property located in Eagle Rock, California, for a total purchase price of $15,500,000.
- Represented U.S. Real Estate Credit Holdings III-A, LP, an affiliate of Calmwater Capital, in connection with a $18,480,000 refinance loan to 3 East 3rd Street, LLC secured by a condo project consisting of 5 residential units and 1 commercial unit located in New York, NY.
- Represented Coudures Family Limited Partnership and MiJo Investments, LP in the disposition of approximately 325 acres of undeveloped land in Perris CA, which closed last week. The buyer was HIP So-Cal Properties, LLC, an affiliate of Howard Industrial Properties, who were represented by Dobler Law Group. The purchase price was $30,000,000, which included $20,000,000 in seller financing.
- Acted as counsel to Pontus Vault Portfolio, LLC in connection with its ground lease of a 38,000+ square foot building in Atlanta, Georgia. The tenant is a Chick-Fil-A, Inc., who was represented by Troutman Sanders. The value of the lease for the initial 20-year term is $6,845,475, with 6 options to extend the lease for 10 years each which could generate additional base rent of over $33 million.
- Represented The Jacobson Company in its joint venture acquisition of Alley24, a 172-unit multi-family apartment building in Seattle, Washington. The $72,000,000 acquisition was the back-end of a 1031 exchange and was also funded by a senior loan from Heitman Credit Acquisition I, LLC, in the amount of $52,500,000. Seller was represented by Greenberg Traurig, LLP; Lender was represented by Pircher, Nichols & Meeks LLP.
- Represented Columbia Pacific in making a $10,000,000 second – priority loan to Hanford Mall 2020 LLC for the acquisition of mall property located in Hanford, California. Borrower was represented by Bower & Associates.
- Represented The Tides at Old Town, LLC, an affiliate of Tides Equities, LLC, in connection with its sale of a 65-unit multi-family property located in Gilbert, Arizona for a total purchase price of $10,500,000. Sklar Kirsh assisted Tides Equities with the purchase of this property back in 2017 for $6,900,000.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC in connection with the $21,000,000 joint venture acquisition of the Revival on Thomas Apartments, a 155-unit apartment complex in Phoenix, Arizona. Equity was provided by Asset Management Consultants, Inc., which was represented by Davies Lemmis Raphaely. Financing was provided The Bancorp Bank which was represented by Frost Brown Todd LLC.