The Sklar Kirsh Real Estate Practice Group represents a wide array of institutional, entrepreneurial, and family office clients throughout the real estate life cycle involving the acquisition, financing, capital raising, leasing and ultimately the sale of all commercial and residential asset classes. In addition to providing legal services at the highest level, we have developed meaningful relationships within the capital markets and have successfully introduced our clients to both equity and financing sources for the capitalization of their projects.
While structuring real estate transactions, our attorneys have the legal knowledge, business acumen and capital market connections to provide superior legal counsel and business advice to our clients.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC in connection with the $24,000,000 joint venture acquisition of the Sterling on 28th Apartments, a 224-unit apartment complex in Phoenix, Arizona. Equity was provided by Asset Management Consultants, Inc., which was represented by Davies Lemmis Raphaely. Financing was provided MF-1 Capital LLC which was represented by Holland & Knight LLP.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC in connection with the $56,700,000 joint venture acquisition of The Park at Deer Valley, a 436-unit apartment community located in Phoenix, Arizona. Equity was provided by Beverly Pacific, LLC, which was represented by Eisner, PC. Seller was represented by Kingsley Law Firm LLC. Financing was provided Colony Capital Acquisitions, LLC which was represented by Polsinelli, PC.
- We represented a subsidiary of Lyon Living, as borrower’s counsel, in connection with a $31,900,000 mezzanine loan to provide funding for the construction of a Class “A” apartment complex located in Placentia, California, from Colony Capital, which was represented by Kirkland Ellis.
- Represented a subsidiary of Lyon Living, as borrower’s counsel, in connection with a $49,300,000 senior mortgage loan to provide funding for the construction of a Class “A” apartment complex located in Placentia, California, from Comerica Bank, which was represented by Buchalter.
- Represented Brixton NSE Port Orchard Owner, LLC, an affiliate of New Standard Equities, LLC, in connection with the refinancing of Atlas Apartments, a 276-unit multi-family project in Port Orchard, Washington, with a $39,073,000 loan from CBRE Capital Markets, Inc. The lender was represented by Jones, Ackerman & Corman LLP.
- Represented CS 910 LP, an affiliate of Turnstone Acquisitions LP, in its acquisition of a multi-family property located in Houston, Texas known as Portofino Landing Apartments for a purchase price of $28,072,000. We also assisted our client in the formation of their limited partnership with their joint venture partner and assisted in their acquisition of a loan from LegacyTexas Bank in the amount of $23,350,000. The lender was represented by Jackson Walker LLP and the seller was represented by Tribble Ross LLP. Local Texas counsel was provided by Barnes & Thornburg LLP.
- Represented 3708 NE Owner LLC, an affiliate of Vista Investment Group, LLC, in its acquisition of a 387-unit multi-family residential project known as Green Leaf River Pointe Apartments located in Vancouver, Washington for a total purchase price of $68,800,000. Our client acquired the property as a joint venture with Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, who was represented by Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP. To acquire the property our client obtained a loan in the amount of $53,435,000 from Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. The lender was represented by Morrison & Foerster LLP and the seller was represented by Starr Finley LLP.
- Represented Benedict Canyon Equities, Inc., in connection with the sale of Santa Fe Ridge Apartments, a 240-unit multi-family apartment building located in Silverdale, Washington, to a subsidiary of JRK Properties, Inc., for $56,500,000. Buyer was represented by Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP.
- Represented TruAmerica Multifamily, LLC, in connection with the sale of Villa Blanco Apartments, a 379-unit multi-family apartment building located in Henderson, Nevada, to a subsidiary of Gleiberman Investments, Inc., for $73,700,000. Buyer was represented by Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch LLP.
- Represented BREF1 1300 Wigwam LLC, an affiliate of Brasa Capital Management, in its acquisition of vacant real property located in Henderson, Nevada for a purchase price of $10,750,000. Seller was represented by Snell & Wilmer.