The Sklar Kirsh Real Estate Practice Group represents a wide array of institutional, entrepreneurial, and family office clients throughout the real estate life cycle involving the acquisition, financing, capital raising, leasing and ultimately the sale of all commercial and residential asset classes. In addition to providing legal services at the highest level, we have developed meaningful relationships within the capital markets and have successfully introduced our clients to both equity and financing sources for the capitalization of their projects.
While structuring real estate transactions, our attorneys have the legal knowledge, business acumen and capital market connections to provide superior legal counsel and business advice to our clients.
- Represented LW MSU, LLC, an affiliate of AMW QOZ Fund LLC, in obtaining construction financing in the amount of $31,500,000 from Great Southern Bank in order to develop a student housing project adjacent to Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri. Lender was represented by GableGotwals.
- Represented 6125 Canterbury LLC, 4325 Berryman LLC, 2810 Leeward LLC and 1840 Winona LLC, all affiliates of Vista Investment Group, in connection with a $30,357,632 loan from CIT Bank secured by four multi-family apartment buildings in the Los Angeles area. The lender was represented by Sheppard Mullin.
- Represented 6125 Canterbury LLC, an affiliate of Vista Investment Group, in their acquisition of a multi-family apartment building located in Culver City, California, for a total purchase price $17,600,000. Financing was provided by CIT Bank as part of a portfolio loan covering a number of other multi-family properties. The lender was represented by Sheppard Mullin.
- Represented BLDG Brookside, LLC, an affiliate of BLDG Partners, LLC, in its acquisition of an affordable housing project located in Southern Pines, North Carolina for a total purchase price of $12,000,000. In order to fund the transaction we assisted our client in forming a syndication fund for its equity and also in obtaining a loan from Wells Fargo in the amount of $9,600,000. Lender was represented by Higier Allen.
- Represented 4325 Berryman LLC, an affiliate of Vista Investment Group, in its acquisition of a multi-family apartment building located in Los Angeles, California for a total purchase price $12,240,000.
- Represented 235 Camelback LLC, an affiliate of Vista Investment Group, in their acquisition of a large multi-family project known as the Northridge Apartments located in Pleasant Hill, California for a total purchase price $91,000,000. In order to acquire the property we assisted our client in forming a joint venture with Tokyu Land US Corporation and obtaining a loan in the amount of $62,817,600.00 from CIT Bank. Seller was represented by Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg LLP out of Chicago, and CIT Bank was represented by Sheppard Mullin.
- Acted as co-counsel to TruAmerica Multifamily, LLC, along with Akerman LLP in connection with the $54,100,000 joint venture acquisition of the Mission Springs Apartments, a 306-unit multi-family apartment project located in Tempe, Arizona. Equity was provided Alberta Investment Management Corp. (AIMCo), an equity investor based in Canada. Seller was represented by Stein Law, PLC. Acquisition financing was provided by CBRE Capital Markets, Inc., which was represented by Seyfarth Shaw LLP.
- Represented Bellaire San Antonio MF4 LLC, an affiliate of Bellaire Partners, LLC, in its acquisition of OakRidge Apartment Homes in San Antonio, Texas. The $17,000,000 acquisition was funded in part by a loan from NexBank SSB, in the amount of $14,750,000. Seller was represented by Patel Gaines; Lender was represented by Marshall Law Group PLLC.
- Represented Ocotillo LA 9001SMB, LLC, an affiliate of Goldstein Planting Investments, LLC, in the financing of a construction loan for the development of a mixed-use property to contain commercial space and 46 multi-family units. The project is located at 9001 Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood, California. One complication the deal team addressed late in the process was Borrower’s work permits were expiring and they commenced work on-site prior to the closing of the loan. The $50,055,000 loan was funded by Pacific Western Bank who was represented by Eisner Law.
- Represented Mosaic Real Estate Investors in connection with the acquisition of a hotel property called The Retreat at Vista Lake, located in Fort Myers, Florida for $96,000,000. The funding of the acquisition was provided by Prime who was represented by Arnold & Porter.