The Sklar Kirsh Real Estate Practice Group represents a wide array of institutional, entrepreneurial, and family office clients throughout the real estate life cycle involving the acquisition, financing, capital raising, leasing and ultimately the sale of all commercial and residential asset classes. In addition to providing legal services at the highest level, we have developed meaningful relationships within the capital markets and have successfully introduced our clients to both equity and financing sources for the capitalization of their projects.
While structuring real estate transactions, our attorneys have the legal knowledge, business acumen and capital market connections to provide superior legal counsel and business advice to our clients.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC in connection with the $71,500,000 sale of the Tides at South Tempe Apartments, a 442-unit apartment complex in Tempe, Arizona. The project was acquired by Tides in August of 2018 through a joint venture with Capitol Solutions, Inc. for $55,500,000. The Buyer of the Property was FCP, a privately held national real estate investment company (although Tides is staying in the deal as a joint venture partner), which was represented by Arent Fox LLP.
- Represented Owner 301 Taylor, LLC, an affiliate of BLDG Partners, LLC, in its sale of an affordable housing multi-family residential project in Henderson, Nevada for a total purchase price $17,500,000. Seller was represented by Carle, Mackie, Power & Ross.
- Represented Letty Jane Bassler, Trustee of Trust A and Trust B of the Donald Victor Bassler and Letty Jane Bassler Trust (the Bassler family) regarding the acquisition of three parcels with existing ground leases with Chick-Fil-A, Whataburger, and Chipotle, as tenants, in the Waterview Towne Center in Richmond, Texas. The total purchase price was $9,150,601. Seller was represented by Jackson Walker LLP of Houston, Texas.
- Represented NextGen Apartments, LLC in its acquisition, through an affiliate entity of a multi-family residential property located in Redondo Beach, California, for a purchase price of $9,350,000. The acquired property was added to a previously 15-property portfolio containing more than $100,000,000 in assets owned by NextGen in a joint venture with Goldman Sachs. The transaction included both modifications to the joint venture with Goldman Sachs as well as a modification of the pre-existing financing with RBC Real Estate Capital Corp., increasing the loan amount to $77,664,336.00. Lender was represented by Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP. Goldman Sachs was represented by Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP. NextGen was also assisted by Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP.
- Represented eight mortgage borrowers and eight mezzanine borrowers that are all affiliates of B.H. Properties, LLC in connection with the modification of an approximately $100,000,000 mortgage loan and an approximately $150,000,000 mezzanine loan from New York Life Insurance Company, secured by three commercial properties in New York City, and the ownership interests in the eight mortgage borrowers, respectively. The lender was represented by Akerman LLP.
- Acted as local opinion counsel to 4629 Fulton, LLC, an affiliate of MWest Holdings, in connection with a $10,151,000 loan originated by Wells Fargo Bank, National Association on behalf of Freddie Mac that was secured by a multi-family housing project located in Sherman Oaks, California. Borrower’s primary counsel was Goldfarb & Fleece LLP. Lender was represented by Higier Allen & Lautin, P.C.
- Acted as local opinion counsel to San Pedro Lofts 1 LLC and San Pedro Lofts 2 LLC, both affiliates of MWest Holdings, in connection with a $22,767,000 loan originated by Wells Fargo Bank, National Association on behalf of Freddie Mac that was secured by a multi-family housing project located in San Pedro, California. Borrower’s primary counsel was Goldfarb & Fleece LLP. Lender was represented by Higier Allen & Lautin, P.C.
- Represented Orchid Heights LLC, an affiliate of Cores Management, Inc., in connection with the refinancing of an 81-unit multi-family housing project located in Canoga Park, California with a $30,053,000 loan originated by Greystone Servicing Company LLC on behalf of Freddie Mac. The lender was represented by Ballard Spahr.
- Represented B.H. Papago, LLC, an affiliate of B.H. Properties, LLC, in connection with a $15,000,000 loan from MUFG Union Bank, N.A. secured by an office building in Phoenix, Arizona. Rutan & Tucker, LLP represented the lender.
- Represented Springtree Apartments, LLC, an affiliate of The Lighthouse Group, LLC, in its sale of a multi-family property located in Arlington, Texas known as the 2121 Apartments for a total purchase price of $14,080,000. Buyer was represented by Munck Wilson Mandala, LLP out of Dallas, Texas.