The Sklar Kirsh Real Estate Practice Group represents a wide array of institutional, entrepreneurial, and family office clients throughout the real estate life cycle involving the acquisition, financing, capital raising, leasing and ultimately the sale of all commercial and residential asset classes. In addition to providing legal services at the highest level, we have developed meaningful relationships within the capital markets and have successfully introduced our clients to both equity and financing sources for the capitalization of their projects.
While structuring real estate transactions, our attorneys have the legal knowledge, business acumen and capital market connections to provide superior legal counsel and business advice to our clients.
- Represented Shopoff Realty Investments in connection with its joint venture acquisition of a 165,000 square foot office park located in Goleta, California from Montana Avenue Capital Partners for $61,000,000. Concurrently with the acquisition, and as part of this same transaction, Shopoff immediately sold the ground lease interest in the Property to Safehold, Inc. for $22,000,000, while retaining a leasehold interest in the Property. Equity was provided by Blackbird Investment Group which was represented by Greenberg Traurig. Financing of Shopoff’s leasehold interest in the Property was provided by Benefit Street Partners who was represented by Holland & Knight. Safehold was represented by Stroock.
- Represented a joint venture between Sabal Investment Holdings and MLN Partners in connection with its $23,000,000 preferred equity investment with respect to Pendry San Diego, a 317-room luxury boutique hotel, and related agreements with the mortgage loan lender, hotel operator, hospitality manager, ground lessor and other parties.
- Represented Sci-Los Alisos LLC, an affiliate of Shopoff Realty Investments, LP, in its sale of a multi-tenant retail center located in Mission Viejo, California, for a purchase price of $14,500,000. The buyer was Harbor Asset Management, LLC.
- Represented TruAmerica Multifamily, LLC in connection with the $90,250,000 acquisition of a 220-unit housing development located in Norfolk, Massachusetts. Seller was represented by Goulston & Storrs. TruAmerica obtained a $65,982,000 loan from Walker & Dunlop/Freddie Mac, which was represented by Seyfarth Shaw LLP.
- Represented John Wilcox in his acquisition of an industrial building in Houston, Texas for a purchase price of approximately $57,000,000 which was financed partly by a loan assumption of a $53,000,000 loan made by Wilmington Trust.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC, in connection with its sale of a 181-unit multi-family property located in Phoenix, Arizona for a total purchase price of $38,000,000. Sklar Kirsh assisted Tides and their equity partner, Beverly Pacific, LLC when they purchased the property in 2018 for $26,600,000. Buyer was represented by Davis Brown Law Firm.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC, in connection with its sale of a 488-unit multi-family property located in Phoenix, Arizona for a total purchase price of $60,000,000. Sklar Kirsh assisted Tides and their equity partner, Asset Management Consultants, Inc. when they purchased the property in 2019 for $39,750,000. The Buyer was represented by Iacoi Law in Boston, MA.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC in connection with the $19,750,000 joint venture acquisition of the Royal Village Apartments, located in Glendale, Arizona. Equity was provided by Asset Management Consultants, Inc., which was represented by Davies Lemmis Raphaely. Financing was provided by Rialto Capital Mortgage which was represented by Cozen O’Connor.
- Represented Miramar Industrial GP Partners, LLC in its acquisition, using a TIC structure, of an industrial warehouse in Danbury, Connecticut for a purchase price of $62,500,000. The acquisition was partly financed by a loan from California Bank & Trust.
- Represented NGX3, LLC, an affiliate of NextGen Apartments LLC, in its acquisition of a multi-family residential property located in Gardena, California for a purchase price of $8,000,000.