LOREN N. COHEN, SENIOR COUNSEL
- tel: 310.845.6416
- fax: 310.929.4469
- Download vCard
- Download Bio
- Connect on LinkedIn
- California State University, Northridge, B.A.
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D.
- California State Bar
Loren N. Cohen is Senior Counsel in the Litigation Department at Sklar Kirsh LLP. In practice for more than 25 years, Loren is experienced in business and real property disputes. He provides clients with sound legal advice and works with them to achieve their desired legal and business outcomes efficiently and effectively.
Cohen’s experience includes representing real estate brokers, developers, high-net-worth families with legacy commercial and residential income property holdings, business owners and large corporations. Loren has defended and prosecuted actions that include partnership and entity disputes, contract and fraud matters, lease disputes, unlawful detainers, and complex easement and subdivision map act claims. He also represents clients in insurance coverage matters, including bad faith actions.
A Los Angeles native, Loren earned, with honors, his B.A. in Economics from California State University at Northridge and his J.D. from Southwestern University School of Law. Loren was an associate editor on the Southwestern University Law Review.
Loren and his family are very engaged in their community and are avid supporters of the American Technion Society and L.A. Family Housing. He is an active member of the American Bar Association and the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
Loren lives in Santa Monica with his wife Pamela and his son Ryan.
Recent representative matters include:
- Successfully obtained Summary Adjudication against a national title insurer for failure to defend
- Successfully obtained Summary Judgment in defense of a real estate broker for professional negligence and breach of fiduciary duty
- Mediated a substantial settlement on behalf of a luxury home buyer against a seller for failure to disclose impending neighborhood construction
- Defeated quiet title and easement action of two national banks involving issues concerning the sub-division map act, grantor reservation of implied easement, slander of title, and fraud
- Advised clients of high-end luxury homes concerning the COVID-19 eviction moratorium
- Assisted in the closing and leasing of the largest high-end real estate deals in Los Angeles during COVID and advised brokers and clients in the benefits and pitfalls of real estate auctions