Gregory M. Marsh is Senior Counsel in Sklar Kirsh’s Real Estate Department. Greg has over 20 years of experience handling a variety of real estate and business transactions for individuals and small to large businesses. Greg prides himself on carefully applying his extensive experience to help clients recognize and resolve business and legal issues.
As a lifelong Angeleno, Greg has established strong roots throughout Southern California. Greg received his undergraduate degree from UCLA in 1991, and then attended Loyola Law School where he obtained his JD in 1994. After law school, Greg spent a decade handling litigation and some transactional matters involving real estate, business disputes, employment, and family law. Greg has since worked exclusively as a transactional attorney primarily for real estate related matters. Prior to joining Sklar Kirsh, Greg was an associate in the real estate departments of Glaser Weil Fink Howard Avchen & Shapiro LLP, and then Resch Polster & Burger, LLP. He then formed his own partnership, Rosenthal & Marsh, LLP, where he serviced clients in an array of transactional matters for over a decade. Most recently, Greg was a partner in the real estate and corporate departments of CKR Law, LLP.
Some of Greg’s notable experience includes:
- Represented well-known Las Vegas based hotel and casino company in its purchase, sale, and development of hotels and other projects throughout the state of Nevada.
- Represented developer in (i) acquiring real property for the development of a 30-unit condominium project, and (ii) forming the vehicle to raise investor capital for the project.
- Represented sober living and education business in connection (i) all corporate and real estate needs, operations, management, and succession planning documents, (ii) business contracts, (iii) partnership, joint venture, and M&A transactions, and (iv) lease of 60 thousand square foot office and campus building.
- Represented landlords and tenants in drafting residential, retail, commercial, industrial, office, and creative space leases.
- Negotiated and drafted real property agreements, including purchase and sale agreements, CC&R’s, and easement and other adjacent landowner agreements.
- Advised clients and drafted documents in connection with secured and unsecured loan transactions involving private and institutional lenders.
- Represented clients in all aspects of entity formation, and mergers and acquisitions for various businesses and ventures (including drafting offering/placement memorandum, subscription agreements, asset and stock purchase agreements, merger agreements, operating agreements and bylaws, buy-sell and cross-purchase agreements, option agreements, and other shareholder/partner/member agreements).
- Drafted and negotiated a wide range of general business agreements including:
- Supply and service agreements, including for a nationwide sushi franchisor to supply sushi and personnel in supermarkets throughout the country.
- Agreements with venues, sports teams, and organizations (e.g., NFL and NHL franchises, the NCAA, universities, and the College Football Playoffs) for well-known sports and entertainment merchandising company/client to license and supply merchandise to large sporting and concert events.
- Numerous entertainment agreements, including those relating to agent/finder’s fees, management and other representation, artist, author and/or production agreements, and artist-athlete-celebrity licensing and endorsement agreements.
- Employment and independent contractor agreements, non-disclosure, confidentiality and other proprietary and trade secrets protection agreements.
When not working Greg loves spending time with his wife and children. He also enjoys engaging in almost any form of physical activity (golf, gym, running), wine tasting, and movies.