The Sklar Kirsh Corporate Practice Group is a full-service corporate department serving clients across a wide range of industries, primarily focused on the middle-market. The Corporate Practice Group provides the expertise and depth of a large firm while delivering the value and service level of a boutique law firm. Whether handling a complex transaction or serving as outside general counsel, the Sklar Kirsh Corporate Group maintains a single objective – to be the preeminent boutique corporate law department in Los Angeles.
Our clients range from closely held businesses to public companies, family offices, private investors and commercial lenders, and operate in a broad array of industries, including advertising, alternative energy, apparel, consumer products, entertainment and media, manufacturing, medical devices, restaurants/hospitality, social media and technology. With deep experience in each of these areas, our team is able to provide creative, practical advice and an impeccable level of service while counseling our clients through the entire life cycle of their businesses, from formation to disposition.
- Represented leading podcaster Roman Mars in his sale of 99% Invisible to SiriusXM. Read about the deal here.
- Represented leading colorist, Yvan Lucas, in connection with the negotiation of his employment arrangements for his new position as Senior Colorist at Company 3. Read about the deal here.
- Represented Roku, Inc., a company that has pioneered streaming to the TV, in its acquisition of the branded content division of Funny or Die, Inc., the comedy video website and film/television production company. Read about the deal here.
- Represented media executive, Sam Bergen, in connection with the negotiation of his employment agreement for his new position as Chief Marketing Officer at Illumination Entertainment. Read about the deal here.
- Represented Ohmega Technologies, a leading manufacturer of advanced embedded thin-film resistive materials, in connection with its sale to Arcline Investment Management, a growth-oriented private equity firm with $1.5 billion of committed capital. Read about the deal here.
- Represented music executive, Matthew Graham, in connection with the negotiation of his executive compensation package to become Managing Partner and Head of the Music Division of Range Media Partners, LLC. Read about the deal here.
- Represented media executive, Brian Sullivan, in connection with the negotiation of his executive compensation package to become Chief Executive Officer of NEP Group, Inc., a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group. Read about the deal here.
- Represented CineVizion in its sale to Platinum Equity, as part of Platinum’s larger acquisition of Deluxe Entertainment’s distribution business. The transaction reunites CineVizion’s founders Cyril Drabinsky and Warren Stein, the former long-time CEO and COO of Deluxe, back in those roles. Read about the deal here.
- Represented Datassential, the leading provider of data, intelligence and market research to the food service industry, in its significant growth investment from Spectrum Equity, a leading growth equity firm investing in the information economy. The investment represents the first institutional capital into Datassential and positions the company to continue its rapid growth while supporting the expansion of its client services team, staff of analysts and experts, sales and marketing capabilities and new product innovation. Read about the deal here.
- Represented HHS Construction, LLC and HHS Communications, LLC, a leading provider of infrastructure services to major telecommunications and cable providers primarily in Southern California and adjacent geographies, in its sale to Congruex LLC, a national end-to-end provider of design, engineering, construction, construction management and maintenance services to broadband service providers. Read about the deal here.