Real Estate / Acquisitions & Dispositions
Sklar Kirsh assists clients in acquiring and selling commercial and residential real estate properties, whether it’s a single asset transaction, national portfolio of properties, raw land for ground up development or REO assets. We offer our clients depth of experience, range and breadth of industry contacts and a thorough understanding of the varied marketplaces in which our clients do business within Southern California and beyond.
We counsel clients in the acquiring and selling of all sectors of income producing assets as well as development projects. In addition to preparing the core transaction documents, such as the purchase and sale agreement and related closing documents, we assist our clients in performing all due diligence relating to the acquisition or disposition of property, such as (i) reviewing all title matters relating to the property, (ii) confirming all requisite land use approvals for the property have been obtained from the applicable governmental agencies, (iii) reviewing all leases and preparing abstracts to identify material matters, and (iv) consulting with our clients regarding any relevant tax concerns.
- Represented Golden Signature Centre LLC, an affiliate of Vista Investment Group, LLC, in its acquisition of commercial office property located in Lakewood, Colorado outside of Denver known as Signature Centre. The acquisition was structured as an assignment and assumption of the Seller’s leasehold interest in the ground lease covering the property.
- Represented Delaware Hidden Valley Grand Apartments, LLC, an affiliate of the Redfern Family Trust, in connection with its acquisition of the 324-unit Hidden Valley Apartments in Simi Valley, California, for $105,000,000.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC, in connection with its sale of a 224-unit multi-family property located in Phoenix, Arizona for a total purchase price of $34,800,000.
- Represented CB-Pleasanton, LLC and HT- Pleasanton, LLC, affiliates of The Jacobson Company, in their acquisition as a multi-family project known as Avana Pleasanton, located in Pleasanton, California for a total purchase price of $58,900,000.
- Represented BH Preservation Associates LP, an affiliate of BLDG Partners, LLC, in its acquisition of a multi-family project located in Los Angeles known as the Baldwin Hills Apartments for a total purchase price of $9,600,000. To finance the acquisition, we assisted our client in forming the syndication entity for the equity and also in obtaining a loan in an amount of $7,570,000.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC in connection with its sale of a 197-unit multi-family property located in Tempe, Arizona for a total purchase price of $39,000,000. Sklar Kirsh assisted Tides and their equity partner when they purchased the property in 2018 for $27,500,000.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC, in connection with its sale of a 227-unit multi-family property located in Tempe, Arizona for a total purchase price of $44,625,000. Sklar Kirsh assisted Tides and their equity partner when they purchased the property in 2018 for $31,300,000.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC in connection with the $54,250,000 joint venture acquisition of the Crosswinds Apartments, a 374-unit apartment complex in Chandler, Arizona. Equity was provided by Mountain Pacific Opportunity Partners. Financing in the amount of $46,480,000 was provided MF-1 Capital LLC.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC in connection with the $47,750,000 joint venture acquisition of the Residence at Arlington project, a 436-unit apartment community located in Arlington, Texas.
- Represented Ocotillo LA 10th, LLC, an affiliate of Goldstein Planting Investments, LLC (GPI), in its acquisition of a medical office building located in Santa Monica for a purchase price of $22,450,000.