Sklar Kirsh assists clients in acquiring and selling commercial and residential real estate properties, whether it’s a single asset transaction, national portfolio of properties, raw land for ground up development or REO assets. We offer our clients depth of experience, range and breadth of industry contacts and a thorough understanding of the varied marketplaces in which our clients do business within Southern California and beyond.
We counsel clients in the acquiring and selling of all sectors of income producing assets as well as development projects. In addition to preparing the core transaction documents, such as the purchase and sale agreement and related closing documents, we assist our clients in performing all due diligence relating to the acquisition or disposition of property, such as (i) reviewing all title matters relating to the property, (ii) confirming all requisite land use approvals for the property have been obtained from the applicable governmental agencies, (iii) reviewing all leases and preparing abstracts to identify material matters, and (iv) consulting with our clients regarding any relevant tax concerns.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented GFO Echo, LLC, an affiliate of Gupta Family Office (formerly Redbridge Capital, LLC) in connection with a joint venture with Arden Qualified Opportunity Zone, L.P. (an affiliate of the Arden Group) formed for the construction of a $66,000,000 student housing project near UNLV in Las Vegas, Nevada. Arden was represented by its in-house counsel as well as Baker & McKenzie.
- Represented Camerford, LLC, an affiliate of Micropolitan LLC, in its sale of a multi-family property located in Los Angeles, California for a total purchase price of $19,000,000. Buyer was represented by Jennings Strous Law Firm.
- Represented E-Beverly Holdings, LLC and E-Bonnie Holdings, LLC, both affiliates of Brickstar Capital, it their acquisition of a retail building located in Los Angeles, California for a purchase price of $7,950,000. The seller was represented by Seyfarth Shaw LLP.
- Represented E-Beverly Holdings, LLC, an affiliate of Brickstar Capital, in its acquisition of a commercial retail center in Las Vegas, Nevada known as Warm Springs Plaza for a total purchase price of $12,750,000.
- Represented Brasa Investments LLC (an affiliate of Brasa Capital, LLC) in connection with a joint venture with LO Exchange Miramar LLC (an affiliate of Lincoln Property Company) for the purpose of acquiring the Exchange at Miramar, a business park comprised of nine buildings and almost 190,000 square feet in San Diego, California. We also represented a subsidiary of the joint venture in connection with a $7,800,000 acquisition loan from Delaware Life Insurance Company of New York secured by the sub-leasehold interest in such property. Acquisition counsel was Tullius Law Group. Counsel for the JV partner was Powell Coleman & Arnold LLP. Lender’s counsel was Seyfarth Shaw LLP.
- Represented an affiliate of Arrowroot Real Estate in connection with the acquisition of the “Tempo West” apartments in Portland, Oregon for $10,900,000, as well as in connection with a $10,590,000 acquisition and renovation loan from MF1 Capital, LLC. JV Equity was provided to our client by an affiliate of Beverly Pacific, LLC. Lender was represented by Holland and Knight, LLP and Beverly Pacific was represented by Eisner LLP.
- Represented Dow Owner, LLC, an affiliate of Cress Capital, in its acquisition of an office building located in Tustin, California for the total purchase price of $15,900,000. To acquire the property, our client obtained a loan from InPoint REIT Operating Partnership, LP in the amount of $14,000,000. Seller was represented by Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP and Lender was represented by Morrison & Foerster LLP.
- Represented Miramar Capital Advisors in their acquisition of a $21,000,000 multi-family building in Long Beach, California. The purchase was financed by an acquisition loan from Bridge Investment Group. Borrower intends to undergo a major renovation of the building and re-tenant the building following renovation.
- Represented Corbel Structured Equity Partners, L.P. (“Corbel”) in connection with (i) the formation of Corbel Opportunity Zone Fund I, LLC, (the “Fund”), a Qualified Opportunity Zone Fund structured as a joint venture between Corbel and Jill Elia, (ii) the $3 million acquisition of the Normont Apartments in Los Angeles, California, (iii) an $8.9 million construction loan from an affiliate of Arixa Capital Advisers, LLC, and (iv) a capital raise of $4.6 million of capital gains for placement into the Fund.
- Represented GPI Burbank Collection, LLC, an affiliate of GPI Companies and KBS Strategic Opportunity REIT, in connection with its sale of The Burbank Collection, a 39,400 square foot urban, specialty retail center, to Burbank Collection Associates, LLC for $26,000,000. Buyer was represented by Abram Roy LLP.