Litigation / Intellectual Property
Our team offers strategic insights and solutions to clients confronting complex intellectual property issues. We recognize that such issues must be considered as part of larger business needs and interests. We partner with clients to develop strategies that effectively and efficiently advance and protect their interests.
We bring deep experience and capabilities to our work on disputes involving copyright, trademark, trade dress, trade secrets, counterfeiting, and unfair competition. Our IP-related clients come from a broad range of industries that include entertainment and media, apparel, marketing, technology, communications and manufacturing.
- Represented a technology company in a design patent, copyright, and trade secret dispute concerning 3D glasses.
- Represented an online provider of conference call services in trademark enforcement and prosecution matters.
- Represented and counseled various websites operators about appropriate procedures for triggering DMCA safe harbor protection.
- Represented a motion picture studio in a copyright and trademark dispute over animated character rights. Prevailed on a dispositive motion and obtained a $2 million attorney fee award.
- Represented television studio and series creator in copyright action. Obtained complete dismissal of action through motion, and secured six-figure award of attorneys' fees against plaintiff.
- Represented production companies and studios in a host of disputes involving copyright and state law implied contract claims for alleged theft of ideas. Prevailed in summary judgment and negotiated early resolutions.
- Represented high-profile executive of an entertainment company in a dispute over separation and continuing rights in intellectual property.