Entertainment & Media / Film Finance
Sklar Kirsh’s Entertainment and Media Practice Group handles single-picture production loans, mezzanine financing, gap financing, slate financing, P&A loans and ultimates loans, as well as soft money transactions, equity financings, co-financing deals and joint ventures, both on behalf of lenders and investors and as counsel to producers and distributors of content. We have significant experience negotiating all manner of finance documentation, including completion bonds, loan agreements, interparty agreements, notices of assignment, payment direction letters, laboratory access letters, collection account management agreements (CAMAs), and other customary entertainment-specific finance documents.
- Represented Mar Vista Entertainment, a leading producer of made for television films, in a recently closed eight-figure revolving credit facility provided by Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- Represented Byron Allen’s, Entertainment Studios, in connection with multiple P&A loans for widely released theatrical motion pictures, including 47 Meters Down, Hostiles, and Chappaquiddick.
- Represented a bank in an eight figure revolving credit and term loan facility for a DVD and Blu-ray distributor.
- Represented a production company in connection with co-financing agreements.
- Represented a producer and distributor of television and motion picture content in connection with an eight figure senior secured credit facility.
- Represented Hero Ventures, LLC, holder of a license from Marvel to develop and operate a touring superhero show based on the Marvel comics characters, in connection with a working capital line of credit.
- Represented Prospect Park, LLC, an entertainment production and management company, in connection with a production tax credit financing.
- Represented a purchaser of a portion of the revenue streams from the film library of a significant cofinancier of two major motion picture studios.
- Represented a mini-major media company in connection with its P&A facility and film ultimates credit facility.