Corporate / Partnerships, Equity Financings & Joint Ventures
Sklar Kirsh’s Corporate Practice routinely advise clients in connection with equity finance transactions as well as forming strategic alliances and joint ventures between businesses in a wide range of industries, including development and co-financing deals, marketing and distribution arrangements and supply chain partnerships. We have deep expertise in structuring long-term business ventures as well as relationships designed to address specific business needs over a defined period of time. The goals of the client and the nature of the relationship are the drivers of both structure and agreements. Our experience has shown that careful attention to the unique circumstances of each business venture is the key to creating structures that are flexible enough to respond to changing business realities while giving the parties a platform to resolve differences successfully.
- Represented a family office in a $2.5 million equity investment into DB Coworking Holdings Corp., the owner and operator of a chain of collaborative workspace locations.
- Represented a strategic investor in a $500,000 seed investment in a startup developing specialized video chat applications.
- Represented a family office in a $5 million Series C investment in a multistate expanding chain of car washes.
- Represented Michael Mina, the founder and award-winning chef of Mina Group, a restaurant management company specializing in creating and operating innovative restaurant concepts around the world, in connection with an investment by Paxion Capital Partners, a private equity firm.
- Represented Innovative Dining Group in restructuring and capital raising transactions for expansion of branded upscale dining brands.
- Represented a US holding company in the reorganization, financing and establishment of a greater presence in the U.S. of a group of French animation production companies featuring highly popular French cartoon characters.
- Represented a men's clothing e-tailer based in Hong Kong in connection with the first tranche of a $2.5 million Series B financing. The transaction involved extensive interaction with co-counsel in the Cayman Islands as well investor's counsel located in India.
- Represented Bespoken Holdings, Inc. in its corporate formation and acquisition of seed IP.
- Represented a private equity fund portfolio company in connection with the private equity fund’s repurchase of membership interests from the former owner.
- Represented a founder/sponsor in a joint venture with a major movie studio for the purpose of developing digital gaming applications that incorporate the studio’s intellectual property.