Corporate / Debt Financing
Sklar Kirsh’s Debt Finance Practice focuses on the representation of lenders and borrowers in structuring, negotiating and documenting loan transactions, including syndicated secured and unsecured senior credit facilities, subordinated facilities, asset based loans, convertible note offerings, leveraged acquisition and recapitalization financings and venture debt. From term sheet negotiations through diligence, documentation and closing, our finance professionals are adept at advancing the momentum of the deal and driving to close.
Sklar Kirsh’s finance attorneys are also able to assist if a transaction does not work out as hoped at the closing table, having significant experience in guiding lenders and borrowers through complex restructurings and workouts, including conducting Article 9 foreclosure sales.
Our attorneys have represented a broad range of lenders, including institutional lenders, private equity funds, family offices and high net worth individuals. We also regularly represent borrowers across a wide range of industries, including advertising, alternative energy, apparel, consumer products, entertainment and media, manufacturing, medical devices, restaurants/hospitality, social media and technology.
- Represented Byron Allen’s company, Allen Media, in connection with a mid-nine figure, syndicated credit facility.
- Represented Mar Vista Entertainment, a leading producer of made for television films, in a recently closed eight-figure revolving credit facility provided by Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- Represented Byron Allen’s, Entertainment Studios, in connection with multiple P&A loans for widely released theatrical motion pictures, including 47 Meters Down, Hostiles, and Chappaquiddick.
- Represented a film production company in connection with a $250M syndicated slate and working capital facility.
- Represented a producer and distributor of television and motion picture content in connection with an eight figure senior secured credit facility.
- Represented international machinery manufacturer in connection with a $15M credit facility
- Represented Hero Ventures, LLC, holder of a license from Marvel to develop and operate a touring superhero show based on the Marvel comics characters, in connection with a working capital line of credit.
- Represented Prospect Park, LLC, an entertainment production and management company, in connection with a production tax credit financing.
- Represented Corbel Structured Equity Partners in connection with its $6.25M secured term loan to a sand mining company, the proceeds of which were used in part for the acquisition of the sand mine property and a barge.
- Represented a television production company in connection with its $30M secured term loan facility.