Sklar Kirsh provides comprehensive legal services to institutional and non-institutional lenders, real estate funds, individual investors, and family offices with respect to a wide array of real estate financings. We advise our clients on the structuring, negotiating and closing of financing transactions involving CMBS lending, senior mortgage financings, construction financings, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily loan programs, loan syndications and loan participations, subordinated debt and mezzanine lending.
Our real estate finance attorneys are well-versed in navigating sophisticated commercial real estate transactions in all sectors in and outside of Southern California. We also have significant experience representing borrowers and lenders in restructuring, workout and defeasance transactions.
Our depth of knowledge and experience allows us to successfully handle complex transactions and deliver legal services of the highest quality to our clients without losing sight of practical considerations.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented a private debt fund, as lender’s counsel, in connection with a $22,000,000 loan to refinance an existing loan on a high street retail property adjacent to West Hollywood. Borrower was represented by Otten Johnson Robinson Neff + Ragonetti PC out of Denver.
- Represented Inspire Hollywood PropCo, LLC, an affiliate of the Bond Companies, in its acquisition of real property located in Hollywood, California from the YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles for a purchase price of $12,500,000. We also assisted our client in obtaining a loan to acquire the property from CIBC Bank USA in the amount of $12,268,750. Seller was represented by O’Melveny & Myers LLP and Lender was represented by Riley Safer Holmes & Cancila LLP.
- Represented West Corona Freeway Center Owner LLC, an affiliate of Brasa Real Estate Fund, LP and PRES Real Estate Investments LLC, in connection with its acquisition of the Corona Freeway Center located in Corona, California, and obtaining a $7,750,000 acquisition loan from Oceanview Commercial Mortgage Finance, LLC in connection therewith. The seller was not represented by counsel, but the lender was represented by Polsinelli LLP.
- Represented Lighthouse SM, LLC (an affiliate of The Lighthouse Group, LLC) in connection with the refinancing of an apartment complex in Indianapolis, Indiana, with a $9,700,000 loan from CBRE Capital Markets, Inc. (to be acquired by Freddie Mac). The lender was represented by Pepper Hamilton LLP.
- Represented B.H. Inverness II, LLC and B.H. 327 Inverness, LLC (affiliates of B.H. Properties, LLC) in connection with a $13,400,000 loan from MUFG Union Bank, N.A. secured by an office building in Englewood, Colorado. A portion of the proceeds of the loan are being used for certain capital improvements to reposition the project. The lender was represented by Rutan & Tucker, LLP.
- Represented Columbia Pacific Advisors (as lender) in connection with a $23,250,000 loan to SE Austin Global Land, LLC. The loan financed the conversion and build out of an existing industrial/warehouse building to a public market concept which will include a public market, a 386-unit apartment building, and a 105,000 SF office building. The project is located in Austin, Texas and will be branded as St. Elmo Public Market. The borrower was represented by David L. Herbert, P.C.
- Represented Columbia Pacific Advisors (as lender) in connection with a $6,500,000 loan to 1673 West Lacey, LLC (“Borrower”). The loan financed the stabilization and refinancing of the Hanford Boot Barn Building (connected to the Hanford Regional Mall), a 74,296 square foot value addition retail parcel located in Hanford, California. The Borrower was represented by Bower & Associates.
- Represented CollegePlace Partners, LLC in connection with their refinance of an 8 property portfolio near Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. The refinance involved paying off three separate lenders and securing two new loans from Berkadia Commercial Mortgage, LLC, as agent for Fannie Mae, in the amounts of $11,945,000 and $5,775,000.
- Represented co-lenders Mosaic Real Estate Investors and Watt Funding REIT, LLC, as Lender’s counsel, in connection with a $28,000,000 senior loan made to Parklands Ventura, LLC for the purpose of refinancing and existing land loan, and to fund the development of certain land located in Ventura County for residential use.
- Represented United El Segundo, Inc. and four of its affiliates in connection with a $60,000,000 fixed-rate loan from First Republic Bank secured by three commercial properties and 10 multifamily apartment projects in West Los Angeles and Santa Monica. The lender was represented by Reed Smith LLP.