Sklar Kirsh provides comprehensive legal services to institutional and non-institutional lenders, real estate funds, individual investors, and family offices with respect to a wide array of real estate financings. We advise our clients on the structuring, negotiating and closing of financing transactions involving CMBS lending, senior mortgage financings, construction financings, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily loan programs, loan syndications and loan participations, subordinated debt and mezzanine lending.
Our real estate finance attorneys are well-versed in navigating sophisticated commercial real estate transactions in all sectors in and outside of Southern California. We also have significant experience representing borrowers and lenders in restructuring, workout and defeasance transactions.
Our depth of knowledge and experience allows us to successfully handle complex transactions and deliver legal services of the highest quality to our clients without losing sight of practical considerations.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented Shopoff Realty Investments L.P. (“Shopoff”) in connection with the $25,000,000 refinancing of Shopoff’s leasehold interest in the Westkin Portfolio. The Westkin Portfolio is comprised of two (2) developments totaling approximately 811 acres of land in Cathedral City, CA, subleased to 1,927 individual households, two country clubs, one hotel, one business park and one self-storage facility. The developments are referred to most commonly as Las Estancias (Desert Princess) and Falcon Lake (Cathedral Canyon). The loan to fund the refinancing was provided by UMB Bank, N.A. (“UMB”). UMB was represented by Mayer Brown LLP.
- Represented an affiliate of Lion Real Estate Group in connection with the refinancing of the “Brownstone Lofts” located at 1168 Bellevue Avenue in Los Angeles, with a $15,000,000 loan from USAA Life Insurance Company that also included a loan defeasance. The lender was represented by Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg LLP.
- Represented Shopoff Realty Investments, L.P. in connection with obtaining an $10,400,000 refinance loan for Los Alisos Retail Center located in Mission Viejo, California. Financing was provided by Ladder Capital Finance LLC which was represented by Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP’s Los Angeles office.
- Represented a subsidiary of Vista Investment Group, LLC in its refinance of real property located at 3100 N. 1st Street, San Jose, California. The refinance loan in the amount of $25,000,000 was provided by East West Bank.
- Represented B.H. Properties, LLC and five of its affiliates in obtaining a borrowing base loan from U.S. Bank in the original principal amount of $85,000,000 (with the ability to increase such amount to $100,000,000). The loan is secured by four office buildings in Arizona, one in Texas and one in North Carolina. The lender was represented by Sheppard Mullin.
- Represented Ocean West Capital Partners in connection with the $13,500,000 refinance of The Strand – a 47,500 square foot office property located in Newport Beach, California. Ocean West entered into a loan to fund the refinance provided by LoanCore Capital Funding Corporation. LoanCore was represented by Gussis & Alexander LLC.
- Represented Beverly Pacific in connection with obtaining a $50,975,000 loan for La Privada at Scottsdale Ranch, a 350 unit apartment complex located in Scottsdale, Arizona. Financing was provided by CBRE Multifamily Capital, Inc./Fannie Mae who was represented by Jameson Babbitt Stites & Lombard, P.L.L.C.
- Represented B.H. 1601 Lind Avenue, LLC, an affiliate of B.H. Properties, LLC, in obtaining a $22,750,000 bridge loan from CIT Bank, N.A. secured by an approximately 200,000 square foot office building in Renton, WA. The lender was represented by Sheppard Mullin.
- Represented Milpitas – District 2 Partners, LLC, a joint venture between Lyon Communities and Lennar Home Builders, in connection with a $36,201,599.00 mezzanine loan from CDCF IV MILPITAS F2, LLC, a subsidiary of Colony Capital, for the purpose of providing mezzanine funding in connection with the construction of a 207-unit Class “A” apartment complex with approximately 7,735 square feet of ground floor retail located in Milpitas, California. Lender was represented by Proskauer.
- Represented Milpitas – District 2 Owner, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Milpitas – District 2 Partners, LLC, a joint venture between Lyon Communities and Lennar Home Builders, in connection with a $78,300,000 construction loan arranged by Comerica Bank, for the construction of a 207-unit Class “A” apartment complex with approximately 7,735 square feet of ground floor retail located in Milpitas, California. Lender was represented by Buchalter.