Sklar Kirsh provides comprehensive legal services to institutional and non-institutional lenders, real estate funds, individual investors, and family offices with respect to a wide array of real estate financings. We advise our clients on the structuring, negotiating and closing of financing transactions involving CMBS lending, senior mortgage financings, construction financings, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily loan programs, loan syndications and loan participations, subordinated debt and mezzanine lending.
Our real estate finance attorneys are well-versed in navigating sophisticated commercial real estate transactions in all sectors in and outside of Southern California. We also have significant experience representing borrowers and lenders in restructuring, workout and defeasance transactions.
Our depth of knowledge and experience allows us to successfully handle complex transactions and deliver legal services of the highest quality to our clients without losing sight of practical considerations.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented U.S. Real Estate Credit Holdings III-A, LP, an affiliate of Calmwater Capital, in connection with a $6,370,000 loan to Goggles 8633 LLC to finance the acquisition of a retail building located in Beverly Hills.
- Represented TLUS Downey, LLC (an affiliate of Tokyu Land US Corporation) in connection with its preferred equity investment in a joint venture with Jefferson Southgate Manager, LLC (an affiliate of TDI Consolidated LLC) and SFA MF Holdings, LLC (an affiliate of Sumitomo Forestry America, Inc.), and in connection with a $60,000,000 loan from Principal Life Insurance Company to a subsidiary of the joint venture for the construction of a 4-story, 244-unit, apartment project in South Gate, California. The developer was represented by Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP and the lender was represented by Pepple Cantu Schmidt PLLC.
- Acted as counsel to Rick Moses by providing a guarantor opinion in connection with a $5,000,000 refinancing loan from ReadyCap Commercial, LLC to Cahuenga Investors, L.P. secured by the property located at 1518 N. Cahuenga Boulevard in Los Angeles, California. The lender was represented by Holland & Knight.
- Acted as local counsel in connection with a $25,000,000 loan from Ladder Capital Finance LLC to Kyle Bluebonnet MHC, LLC and Village Basecamp, LLC (both affiliates of R Partnership, LLC) to refinance the Coachland MH & RV Park in Truckee, California. Borrower’s primary counsel was Kuperman, Orr & Albers, P.C. while Frost Brown Todd LLC represented the lender.
- Represented Brixton NSE Port Orchard Fee Owner, LLC (an affiliate of New Standard Equities, Inc.) in connection with a $39,073,000 loan originated by CBRE Capital Markets, Inc. on behalf of Freddie Mac to refinance the Atlas Apartment Homes located in Port Orchard, Washington. The lender was represented by Jones, Ackerman & Corman LLP.
- Represented CSP 30121 Antelope Road, LLC in connection with a $21,700,000 acquisition loan from Goldman Sachs Bank USA secured by two commercial properties – the Menifee Town Center in Menifee, California, and The Bar in Wildomar, California. The lender was represented by Winstead PC.
- Represented Dos Lagos Asset CVG LLC (an affiliate of BYS Group, Inc.) in connection with a $10,500,000 loan from General Electric Credit Union to refinance the Turfway Ridge Office Park in Boone County, Kentucky. Dressman Benzinger LaVelle acted as counsel for the Lender.
- Represented Cypress Office Plaza SPE, LLC (an affiliate of BYS Group, Inc.) and KSY Cypress SPE, LLC (an affiliate of KSY Investment, LLC) as tenants-in-common in connection with their acquisition of the Cypress Corporate Plaza, a 3-story, 85,000 square foot office building located in Cypress, California, and obtaining a $9,295,000 acquisition loan from Deutsche Bank AG, New York Branch. The lender was represented by Frost Brown Todd LLC.
- Represented Lion Exposition Owner, LLC (a joint venture between The Borman Group, LLC and Lion Real Estate Group, LLC) in connection with a $14,560,000 loan from Deutsche Bank AG, New York Branch to refinance the property located at 3317-3325 Exposition Place, Los Angeles, California. Our representation included the formation of a new single-member, special-purpose Delaware limited liability company and the transfer of such property from the current owner to such newly-formed entity. Borrower’s co-counsel was Rosenfeld, Wolff & Klein while the lender was represented by Frost Brown Todd LLC.
- Represented 52nd Marketplace Apartments, LLC (an affiliate of The Bascom Group, LLC) in connection with a $19,713,000 loan from Comerica Bank to refinance the 52nd Marketplace Apartments in Arvada, Colorado. The lender was represented by Henderson, Caverly & Pum LLP.