Sklar Kirsh assists clients in acquiring and selling commercial and residential real estate properties, whether it’s a single asset transaction, national portfolio of properties, raw land for ground up development or REO assets. We offer our clients depth of experience, range and breadth of industry contacts and a thorough understanding of the varied marketplaces in which our clients do business within Southern California and beyond.
We counsel clients in the acquiring and selling of all sectors of income producing assets as well as development projects. In addition to preparing the core transaction documents, such as the purchase and sale agreement and related closing documents, we assist our clients in performing all due diligence relating to the acquisition or disposition of property, such as (i) reviewing all title matters relating to the property, (ii) confirming all requisite land use approvals for the property have been obtained from the applicable governmental agencies, (iii) reviewing all leases and preparing abstracts to identify material matters, and (iv) consulting with our clients regarding any relevant tax concerns.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented Benedict Canyon Equities, Inc., in connection with the sale of Santa Fe Ridge Apartments, a 240-unit multi-family apartment building located in Silverdale, Washington, to a subsidiary of JRK Properties, Inc., for $56,500,000. Buyer was represented by Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP.
- Represented TruAmerica Multifamily, LLC, in connection with the sale of Villa Blanco Apartments, a 379-unit multi-family apartment building located in Henderson, Nevada, to a subsidiary of Gleiberman Investments, Inc., for $73,700,000. Buyer was represented by Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch LLP.
- Represented BREF1 1300 Wigwam LLC, an affiliate of Brasa Capital Management, in its acquisition of vacant real property located in Henderson, Nevada for a purchase price of $10,750,000. Seller was represented by Snell & Wilmer.
- Represented Whitley Place, LLC, an affiliate of The Lighthouse Group, LLC, in its sale of a multi-family property located in Indianapolis, Indiana known as the Southport Crossing Apartments for a purchase price of $30,450,000. Buyer was represented by Higier Allen Lautin, P.C.
- Represented Towers on Western, LLC, an affiliate of The Lighthouse Group, LLC, in its sale of a multi-family property located in Nashville, Tennessee known as Mallards Landing Apartments for a purchase price of $27,150,000. Buyer was represented by Blank Rome LLP out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Represented 5008 Hazeltine Associates LLC and 5060 Hazeltine Associates LLC, affiliates of NextGen Apartments LLC, in their acquisition of two multi-family residential properties located in the Sherman Oaks area of Los Angeles for a total purchase price of $10,925,000. Our client acquired the properties as a joint venture with Hanover Financial LLC, who was represented by Abram Roy LLP. Additionally, we assisted the buyers in obtaining a loan to acquire the properties in the amount of $9,205,000 from Aetna Life Insurance Company, who was represented by Carlton Fields LLP.
- Represented Inspire Hollywood PropCo, LLC, an affiliate of the Bond Companies, in its acquisition of real property located in Hollywood, California from the YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles for a purchase price of $12,500,000. We also assisted our client in obtaining a loan to acquire the property from CIBC Bank USA in the amount of $12,268,750. Seller was represented by O’Melveny & Myers LLP and Lender was represented by Riley Safer Holmes & Cancila LLP.
- Represented Oak Harbor Fee Owner, LLC, an affiliate of New Standard Equities, LLC, in connection with its sale of a 107-unit multi-family residential project known as Anchor Pointe Apartments located in Oak Harbor, Washington, for a purchase price of $15,100,000. Buyer was represented by Dagle Law Office, LLC.
- Represented West Corona Freeway Center Owner LLC, an affiliate of Brasa Real Estate Fund, LP and PRES Real Estate Investments LLC, in connection with its acquisition of the Corona Freeway Center located in Corona, California, and obtaining a $7,750,000 acquisition loan from Oceanview Commercial Mortgage Finance, LLC in connection therewith. The seller was not represented by counsel, but the lender was represented by Polsinelli LLP.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC in connection with the $39,750,000 joint venture acquisition of the Modern on the Rail Apartments, a 488-unit apartment complex in Phoenix, Arizona. Equity was provided by Asset Management Consultants, Inc., which was represented by Davies Lemmis Raphaely. Financing was provided Colony Capital Acquisitions, LLC which was represented by Polsinelli, PC.