Sklar Kirsh assists clients in acquiring and selling commercial and residential real estate properties, whether it’s a single asset transaction, national portfolio of properties, raw land for ground up development or REO assets. We offer our clients depth of experience, range and breadth of industry contacts and a thorough understanding of the varied marketplaces in which our clients do business within Southern California and beyond.
We counsel clients in the acquiring and selling of all sectors of income producing assets as well as development projects. In addition to preparing the core transaction documents, such as the purchase and sale agreement and related closing documents, we assist our clients in performing all due diligence relating to the acquisition or disposition of property, such as (i) reviewing all title matters relating to the property, (ii) confirming all requisite land use approvals for the property have been obtained from the applicable governmental agencies, (iii) reviewing all leases and preparing abstracts to identify material matters, and (iv) consulting with our clients regarding any relevant tax concerns.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented an affiliate of Redwood-Kairos Real Estate Value Fund VI, LLP, the equity partner in a joint venture with Knightvest Capital to purchase a 252-unit multi-family residential property in Conroe, Texas known as Regency at Woodland Townhomes. The purchase was funded in part by a $31,314,000 loan originated by Berkeley Point Capital, LLC, d/b/a Newmark Knight Frank to be assigned to Freddie Mac. Lender was represented by Cassin & Cassin, LLP. Knghtvest Capital was represented by Baker Lopez PLLC.
- Represented an affiliate of Redwood-Kairos Real Estate Value Fund VI, LLP, the equity partner in a joint venture with Knightvest Capital to purchase a 384-unit multi-family residential property in Conroe, Texas known as Foundations at Woodland Apartments. The purchase was funded in part by a $36,959,000 loan originated by Berkeley Point Capital, LLC, d/b/a Newmark Knight Frank to be assigned to Freddie Mac. Lender was represented by Cassin & Cassin, LLP. Knghtvest Capital was represented by Baker Lopez PLLC.
- Represented an affiliate of the Panda Family Office (CFIC-2015 NV Family Investments, LLC) and Waban Group, LLC in its equity investment in Oliver Companies, Inc. (represented by Jeffer Mangels) for the acquisition of a 7 property select service hotel portfolio located across 5 states for a total purchase price of $92,000,000. The acquisition was financed by TPG, who was represented by Gibson Dunn.
- Represented Shopoff Realty Investments in connection with the acquisition of a single tenant office building located at 4100 S. Stream Boulevard, Charlotte, North Carolina. The acquisition was done in the form of a syndicated TIC structure consisting of four tenant’s in common (three of which are subsidiaries of Shopoff). The acquisition was funded in party by a $14,300,000 loan from Prime Finance.
- Represented Bungalows at Lake Arlington, LLC, an affiliate of The Lighthouse Group, LLC, in its sale of a multi-family residential project known as the Bungalows at Lake Arlington located in Arlington, Texas for a purchase price of $7,600,000. Buyer was represented by Barnes & Thornburg LLP.
- Represented Cornell West Partners LLC, an affiliate of Vista Investment Group, in its acquisition of a multi-family residential project known as the Cornell West Apartments located in Beaverton, Oregon for a total purchase price of $22,000,000. To acquire the property, our client obtained a loan from CIT Bank N.A. in the amount of $15,400,000. Lender was represented by Sheppard Mullin, and Seller was represented by Stutzman, Bromberg, Esserman & Plifka. We received local Oregon counsel assistance from Joe Voboril of Tonkon Torp LLP in Portland, Oregon.
- Represented The Cedars at Elm Hill, LLC, an affiliate of The Lighthouse Group, in its sale of a multi-family residential project located in Nashville Tennessee known as The Cedars at Elm Hill Apartments for a purchase price of $50,500,000. Seller was represented by Leclair Ryan in Norfolk, Virginia.
- Represented Karlin Golden, LLC, an affiliate of Karlin Real Estate Group, in its sale of a commercial office building located in Golden, Colorado, outside of Denver, to the State of Colorado for a purchase price of $15,900,000.
- Represented Centennial Owner North, LLC and Centennial Owner South, LLC, both affiliates of The Calida Group, in their acquisition of large multi-family residential project known as Pointe at Centennial located in Las Vegas, Nevada for a total purchase price of $100,000,000. The acquisition included a joint venture between our client and AIG, as well as an acquisition loan in the amount of $78,905,000 from PGIM Real Estate U.S. Debt Fund REIT, LLC. Seller was represented by the Gromet Law Group. AIG was represented by Goodwin Procter LLP and PGIM was represented by Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP.
- Represented Glencrest Realty Capital in its acquisition of a 180 unit multi-family property in Santa Rosa, California for $49,400,000, in which Angelo Gordon & Co provided joint venture equity to fund the acquisition.