Sklar Kirsh assists clients in acquiring and selling commercial and residential real estate properties, whether it’s a single asset transaction, national portfolio of properties, raw land for ground up development or REO assets. We offer our clients depth of experience, range and breadth of industry contacts and a thorough understanding of the varied marketplaces in which our clients do business within Southern California and beyond.
We counsel clients in the acquiring and selling of all sectors of income producing assets as well as development projects. In addition to preparing the core transaction documents, such as the purchase and sale agreement and related closing documents, we assist our clients in performing all due diligence relating to the acquisition or disposition of property, such as (i) reviewing all title matters relating to the property, (ii) confirming all requisite land use approvals for the property have been obtained from the applicable governmental agencies, (iii) reviewing all leases and preparing abstracts to identify material matters, and (iv) consulting with our clients regarding any relevant tax concerns.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented The Carlyle Group, as co-counsel with Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, in their sale of the MBS Media Campus, a 22-acre complex in Manhattan Beach, California and their simultaneous sale of the MBS Equipment Company and the related asset management company to Hackman Capital Partners for approximately $700 million.
- Represented Towers on Western, LLC, an affiliate of The Lighthouse Group, LLC, in its acquisition of a multi-family residential project located in Altamonte Springs, Florida, for a total purchase price of $47,400,000. We also assisted our client in obtaining an acquisition loan in an amount of $37,280,000 from KeyBank, N.A. Seller was represented by Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel, & Burns, LLP out of Tampa Bay, Florida and lender was represented by Snell & Wilmer, LLP.
- Represented Arrowroot Real Estate Fund in the acquisition of an apartment complex in Austin, Texas for a purchase price of $28,800,000.00. The transactions included a loan from Zions Bancorporation, N.A. dba California Bank & Trust in an amount of $23,749,373.00.
- Represented OW-Aberdeen Alaska St. Owner, LLC, an affiliate of Ocean West Capital Partners, in its acquisition of a multi-family residential building in Santa Monica for a purchase price of $25,000,000. This acquisition was the second leg of a 1031 exchange that included the sale of a commercial office building. The transaction included the corporate restructuring of a preexisting joint venture, the issuance of a member loan, and the acquisition itself, all of which took place one week from the date the purchase agreement was signed.
- Represented 222 West Sixth Street, LLC, an affiliate of Harbor Associates, LLC, in their acquisition of an office building located in San Pedro, California for a purchase price of $36,000,000, as well as in connection with a $33,670,000 loan from Pine River.
- Represented CVRO 125 Baker, LLC, an affiliate of CityView, in their sale of a 240-unit apartment building located at 125 Baker Street, Costa Mesa, California for a purchase price of $114,025,000. The deal closed 24 days after the execution of the purchase agreement.
- Represented OW-Aberdeen Alaska St. Owner, LLC, an affiliate of Ocean West Capital Partners, in their sale of a commercial office building located in El Segundo, California for a purchase price of $25,000,000. This sale was one leg of a 1031 exchange which will be completed with the acquisition of a multi-family residential project located in Santa Monica, California.
- Represented Lafayette Square Housing Partners, L.P., an affiliate of BLDG Partners, LLC, in its sale of Villas Esperanza, a multi-family property located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, for a total purchase price of $12,250,000. Buyer was represented by Drummond & Drummond, LLP.
- Represented Miramar Capital Advisors in its purchase (through a TIC structure) of a multi-family project consisting of 2 buildings located in Long Beach, California for a purchase amount of $14,950,000. The purchase was financed through an acquisition loan from Bridge Investment Group containing an initial advance and a future funding component to finance planned capital expenditures.
- Represented TruAmerica Multifamily, LLC as co-counsel, along with Akerman LLP in connection with a $100,000,000 joint venture portfolio acquisition of three multifamily apartment projects located in Raleigh, North Carolina. Equity was provided by ASB Real Estate Investments, which was represented by DLA Piper LLP. Seller was represented by Paul Hastings LLP. Financing in the amount of $74,000,000 was provided by PNC Bank, N.A., which was represented by Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney LLP.