Sklar Kirsh assists clients in acquiring and selling commercial and residential real estate properties, whether it’s a single asset transaction, national portfolio of properties, raw land for ground up development or REO assets. We offer our clients depth of experience, range and breadth of industry contacts and a thorough understanding of the varied marketplaces in which our clients do business within Southern California and beyond.
We counsel clients in the acquiring and selling of all sectors of income producing assets as well as development projects. In addition to preparing the core transaction documents, such as the purchase and sale agreement and related closing documents, we assist our clients in performing all due diligence relating to the acquisition or disposition of property, such as (i) reviewing all title matters relating to the property, (ii) confirming all requisite land use approvals for the property have been obtained from the applicable governmental agencies, (iii) reviewing all leases and preparing abstracts to identify material matters, and (iv) consulting with our clients regarding any relevant tax concerns.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented The Jacobson Company (“Jacobson”) in connection with the $46,800,000 acquisition of The Velo Apartments – a 240 unit apartment complex located in Denver, Colorado. To finance the acquisition, Jacobson assumed two existing Freddie Mac Loans and obtained an additional supplemental loan from Berkadia Commercial Mortgage, LLC. Lender was represented by Troutman Sanders LLP.
- Represented Larrabee Place, LLC, an affiliate of Abady Holdings, in its sale of two adjacent mixed-use retail properties in West Hollywood, California for a purchase price of $5,475,000. Buyer was represented by Baker Hostetler LLP.
- Represented Jefferson Place Investors, an affiliate of Norman Jacobson Realty Resources, Inc., in its sale of apartment complex in Carmichael, California known as the Jefferson Place Apartments for a purchase price of $8,250,000. Buyer was represented by Snell & Wilmer L.L.P.
- Represented Wilshire Manor DST, an affiliate of Bellaire Real Estate, in its sale of an apartment complex located in Euless, Texas known as the Wilshire Manor Apartments for a purchase price of $8,400,000. The disposition included the defeasance of the Seller’s existing loan in the approximately amount of $2,650,000. The lender was represented by Polsinelli PC, and the Buyer was represented by Konigsberg Law, P.C.
- Represented The Jacobson Company (“Jacobson”) in connection with the $41,250,000 acquisition of The Modern Apartments – a 230 unit apartment complex located in Denver, Colorado. To finance the acquisition, Jacobson assumed two existing Freddie Mac Loans and obtained an additional supplemental loan from Berkadia Commercial Mortgage, LLC. Lender was represented by Troutman Sanders LLP.
- Represented Gelt Ventures (“Gelt”) in connection with the $16,500,000 acquisition of 919 Mission Street – a 665 unit self-storage facility located in South Pasadena, California. Gelt entered into a loan to fund the acquisition provided by Voya Investment Management LLC (“Voya”). Voya was represented by Reed Smith.
- Represented LEI-VIG Junction Associates LLC, an affiliate of Lowe Enterprises Investment Management, LLC, in its sale of a 92,000 square foot commercial office building located in San Jose, California for a total purchase price of $32,000,000. The sale included the transfer of a $1,600,000 letter of credit with DNB Bank ASA from Seller to Thin Film ASA, the parent company of the existing tenant at the property. Tenant was represented by Lubin Olson & Niewaiadowski LLP and Buyer was represented by the Law Offices of Juliana Stamato.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC in connection with the $55,500,000 joint venture acquisition of the Davenport Apartments, a 442-unit apartment complex in Tempe, AZ. Equity was provided by Capitol Solutions, Inc. which was represented by Royer Cooper Cohen Bruanfeld LLC. Financing was provided RCC Real Estate, Inc., which was represented by Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP’s Charlotte, NC office.
- Represented the Jacobson Family Trust and Med Village Investors LP in their sale of the Mediterranean Village Apartments located in Fairfield, California for a purchase price of $21,425,000. The buyer was represented by Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP out of Boston, MA.
- Represented Bellaire Pecan Tree, LLC, an affiliate of Bellaire Real Estate, in its acquisition of an apartment complex located in Dallas, Texas commonly known as the Pecan Tree Apartments for a purchase price of $9,050,000. The acquisition was funded in part by a $7,500,000 bridge loan from Greystone, who was represented by Ballard Spahr. Seller was represented by Libby Sparks in Dallas, Texas.