The Sklar Kirsh Real Estate Practice Group represents a wide array of institutional, entrepreneurial, and family office clients throughout the real estate life cycle involving the acquisition, financing, capital raising, leasing and ultimately the sale of all commercial and residential asset classes. In addition to providing legal services at the highest level, we have developed meaningful relationships within the capital markets and have successfully introduced our clients to both equity and financing sources for the capitalization of their projects.
While structuring real estate transactions, our attorneys have the legal knowledge, business acumen and capital market connections to provide superior legal counsel and business advice to our clients.
- Represented Miramar Property Group, LLC in their acquisition of a commercial office building located in Santa Clara, California for a total purchase price of $48,250,000. In order to acquire the property with the use of 1031 exchange funds, we assisted our client forming four separate TIC entities to purchase the property. We also represented our client in obtaining a loan from Wells Fargo Bank in the amount of $31,945,000. Lender was represented by Holland & Knight.
- Represented S 300 E ARE, LLC, an affiliate of Arrowroot Real Estate, in acquiring two multi-family residential properties located in Salt Lake City, Utah for a total purchase price of $6,700,000. We also assisted our client in forming a joint venture with iintoo Investments LTD. Additionally, we represented our client in their obtaining a loan from MF1 Capital LLC in the amount of $6,500,000. Lender was represented by Holland & Knight.
- Represented HSR ASHLAND, LP, an affiliate of HSR Income and Value REIT I, Inc., in its acquisition of 301 Ashland, a multi-family property located in Santa Monica, California, for a total purchase price of $4,900,000.
- Represented 1840 Winona LLC, an affiliate of Vista Investment Group, LLC in its acquisition of Leeward Apartments, a 50 unit multi-family property located in Los Angeles, California, for a total purchase price of $14,640,000.00. Seller was represented by Loeb & Loeb LLP.
- Represented 700 Eastman LLC, an affiliate of Vista Investment Group, LLC, in its acquisition of a 100 unit multi-family property known as Hollycrest South Apartments located in Gresham, Oregon, for a total purchase price of $16,500,000. In order to fund the acquisition, we assisted our client in obtaining a loan in the amount of $12,350,000 from CIT Bank, N.A. Seller was represented by Bittner & Hahs, P.C. in Lake Oswego, Oregon; Lender was represented by Sheppard Mullin in Costa Mesa.
- Represented Baldwin Woodlake LLC, a subsidiary of Vista Investment Group, LLC, in connection with the refinancing of a 276 unit multi-family apartment project in Los Angeles, California, with a $40,560,000.00 loan from Jones Lang LaSalle Multifamily, LLC to be assumed by Fannie Mae. Lender’s counsel was Cassin & Cassin LLP in New York.
- Represented Vista Investment Group, LLC in connection with the refinancing of a portfolio of seven multi-family properties in Los Angeles, California, with multiple loans in the total amount of $45,229,000 from Greystone Servicing Company LLC to be assumed by Freddie Mac. Lender was represented by deNormandie, Sidlo & Associates PLLC in Seattle, Washington.
- Represented Mosaic Real Estate Investors in connection with a $40,000,000 loan to 8600 Wilshire Boulevard, LLC (an affiliate of Palisades Capital Partners) for the development of a five-story, 18-unit residential condominium project with ground floor retail known as Gardenhouse in Beverly Hills, California.
- Concurrently with their 15 property portfolio transaction, we also assisted NextGen Apartments, LLC (indirectly through their affiliates) in its acquisition of two additional multi-family residential properties from the same Seller located in the City of Lomita for a total purchase price $13,950,000.
- Represented NextGen Apartments, LLC in a large portfolio transaction consisting of 15 multi-family residential properties located in Redondo Beach and the surrounding South Bay area for a total purchase price of $92,550,000. The portfolio was acquired by our client as a joint venture with Goldman Sachs. In addition to representing our client in the formation and negotiation of the joint venture, we also assisted them in forming a syndication entity to serve as the general partner of the joint venture and provided our client’s GP equity. Represented our client in connection with a $70,500,000 acquisition loan from RBC Capital obtained by the joint venture, indirectly through the multiple property level entities, in order to finance the acquisition of all 15 properties. Goldman was represented by Fried Frank out of their New York office and lender was represented by Gibson Dunn out of their San Francisco and Irvine offices. Seller was represented by the Law Offices of Morley Mendelson.