The Sklar Kirsh Real Estate Practice Group represents a wide array of institutional, entrepreneurial, and family office clients throughout the real estate life cycle involving the acquisition, financing, capital raising, leasing and ultimately the sale of all commercial and residential asset classes. In addition to providing legal services at the highest level, we have developed meaningful relationships within the capital markets and have successfully introduced our clients to both equity and financing sources for the capitalization of their projects.
While structuring real estate transactions, our attorneys have the legal knowledge, business acumen and capital market connections to provide superior legal counsel and business advice to our clients.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented Renton Fee Owner, LLC, an affiliate of New Standard Equities, Inc., in its sale of The Renton Sage Apartments, a multi-family property located in Renton, Washington, for a total purchase price of $59,500,000. Buyer was represented by Blank Rome LLP.
- Represented Muir Creek Investors, an affiliate of The Jacobson Company, in its sale of Muir Creek Apartments, a multi-family property located in Martinez, California, for a total purchase price of $30,300,000.
- Represented Stadium 700, LLC, an affiliate of The Lighthouse Group, LLC, in its acquisition of a multi-family residential project located in Arlington, Texas, known as the Plantation Place, and Court Apartments for a total purchase price of $14,000,000. In order to acquire the property, we assisted our client in obtaining a loan in the amount of $11,345,000 from KeyBank National Association.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC in connection with the $72,500,000 joint venture acquisition of the Alvista Terrace Apartments, a 366-unit apartment community in Colton, California. Equity was provided by Drake Real Estate Partners, which was represented by Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP. Financing was provided by MF-1 Capital LLC, which was represented by Holland & Knight LLP.
- Represented Pembrook Capital Management in connection with a preferred equity investment in a joint venture with GZ Portfolio V, LLC. The joint venture formed a limited liability company to acquire a portfolio of four apartment buildings located in Los Angeles, CA and Panorama City, CA. CIT provided the senior loan for the acquisition of each of the properties, with the loan totaling $4,480,000. The borrower was represented by Friedman and Friedman. CIT was represented by Posinelli.
- Represented Pembrook Capital Management in connection with a $6,187,786 loan to Roscoe 25 LLC to finance the acquisition of an apartment building in Panorama City, CA. The borrower was represented by Friedman and Friedman.
- Represented The Carlyle Group, as co-counsel with Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, in their sale of the MBS Media Campus, a 22-acre complex in Manhattan Beach, California and their simultaneous sale of the MBS Equipment Company and the related asset management company to Hackman Capital Partners for approximately $700 million.
- Represented Towers on Western, LLC, an affiliate of The Lighthouse Group, LLC, in its acquisition of a multi-family residential project located in Altamonte Springs, Florida, for a total purchase price of $47,400,000. We also assisted our client in obtaining an acquisition loan in an amount of $37,280,000 from KeyBank, N.A. Seller was represented by Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel, & Burns, LLP out of Tampa Bay, Florida and lender was represented by Snell & Wilmer, LLP.
- Represented Arrowroot Real Estate Fund in the acquisition of an apartment complex in Austin, Texas for a purchase price of $28,800,000.00. The transactions included a loan from Zions Bancorporation, N.A. dba California Bank & Trust in an amount of $23,749,373.00.
- Represented OW-Aberdeen Alaska St. Owner, LLC, an affiliate of Ocean West Capital Partners, in its acquisition of a multi-family residential building in Santa Monica for a purchase price of $25,000,000. This acquisition was the second leg of a 1031 exchange that included the sale of a commercial office building. The transaction included the corporate restructuring of a preexisting joint venture, the issuance of a member loan, and the acquisition itself, all of which took place one week from the date the purchase agreement was signed.