The Sklar Kirsh Real Estate Practice Group represents a wide array of institutional, entrepreneurial, and family office clients throughout the real estate life cycle involving the acquisition, financing, capital raising, leasing and ultimately the sale of all commercial and residential asset classes. In addition to providing legal services at the highest level, we have developed meaningful relationships within the capital markets and have successfully introduced our clients to both equity and financing sources for the capitalization of their projects.
While structuring real estate transactions, our attorneys have the legal knowledge, business acumen and capital market connections to provide superior legal counsel and business advice to our clients.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented New Standard Equities in the acquisition (via a joint venture with Kairos Investment Management Company) of a 120-unit garden-style apartment complex located in Concord, California for $36,000,000 and the $28,730,000 acquisition loan (provided by an affiliate of NXT Capital investment Advisors) with respect to such purchase.
- Represented The Mareau Group in its acquisition of The Ivy Apartments at BYU Idaho for $28,600.000. The acquisition was partly financed by a $20,444,000 loan from Freddie Mac and a preferred equity investment by Blue Vista Investment Group in the amount of $7,200,000.00.
- Represented Vista Investment Group in connection with financing to fund the acquisition of the leasehold interest in Media Park – an office complex located in Santa Monica, California. The property consists of three office buildings totaling 101,369 square feet and land totaling 227,886 square feet. Our client obtained a $30,800,000 loan from CIT Bank, N.A. CIT Bank was represented by Sheppard Mullin and the seller was represented by Akin Gump.
- Represented New Standard Equities in the acquisition (via a joint venture with Kairos Investment Management Company) of a 143-unit apartment complex located in San Jose, California for $61,500,000 and the $29,907,330 acquisition loan (provided by CIBC, Inc.) with respect to such purchase.
- Represented Kairos Investment Management Company as a preferred equity investor in connection with its $6,500,000 preferred equity investment in Lantern Massandra JV, LLC, a joint venture formed with JoCo Partners and the ValCap Group, as sponsors, for the acquisition of a $37,000,000.00 multifamily housing apartment project containing 310 dwelling units and located in City of Austin, County of Williamson, and State of Texas, which is commonly known as Westwood Apartments and Audubon Square. Acquisition funding in the amount of $29,907,330 was provided by RCC Real Estate, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
- Represented Lyon Living as borrower’s counsel in connection with the refinancing of a $55,000,000 loan secured by a 438 unit multifamily residential apartment complex located in Sunrise, Florida and known as Water Terrace. Financing was provided by Berkeley Point Capital, LLC as part of the Freddie Mac Capital Markets Execution Program.
- Represented Calmwater Capital as lender in connection with a $7,125,000 loan to Lutz Real Estate Investments (“Lutz”). The loan financed the acquisition and predevelopment of the Kahn Building, located at 7430 2nd Avenue, Detroit, Michigan. Lutz was represented by Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss, P.C.
- Represented Goldstein Planting Inc. (“GPI”) in connection with the modification and extension of an existing loan with Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (Barrings Real Estate as Investment Adviser) covering GPI’s property located at 9908 Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA. The modification increases the loan amount from $23,180,000 to $25,350,000 and extends the term of the loan for another 18 months. The Lender was represented by Cox Castle.
- Represented DIG MCC, LLC, a subsidiary of Dornin Investment Group, LLC, as seller’s counsel in connection with a $30 million sale of an office building located in metropolitan Las Vegas in the Marnell Corporate Center.
- Represented Lyon Communities in connection with financing to fund the construction and development of West Grand Apartments, a 126-unit multifamily property located on 2.59 acres in Escondido, California. Our client obtained a $29,500,000 senior loan from Comerica Bank and a $14,211,000 mezzanine loan from Colony Northstar Acquisitions, LLC. The senior lender was represented by Buchalter and the mezzanine lender was represented by Proskauer.