The Sklar Kirsh Real Estate Practice Group represents a wide array of institutional, entrepreneurial, and family office clients throughout the real estate life cycle involving the acquisition, financing, capital raising, leasing and ultimately the sale of all commercial and residential asset classes. In addition to providing legal services at the highest level, we have developed meaningful relationships within the capital markets and have successfully introduced our clients to both equity and financing sources for the capitalization of their projects.
While structuring real estate transactions, our attorneys have the legal knowledge, business acumen and capital market connections to provide superior legal counsel and business advice to our clients.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented Harbor Associates in connection with the $28,000,000 joint venture acquisition of 700 N. Central, a 136,015 square foot Class-B office building located in Glendale, California. Equity was provided by Belay Investment Group, which was represented by Pircher, Nichols & Meeks LLP. Seller was represented by Mayer Brown LLP. Financing was provided by Compass Bank, which was represented by Ballard Spahr.
- Represented Harbor Associates in connection with the $29,250,000 joint venture acquisition of the Capitol Center, a 156,293 square foot mixed use property located in Denver, Colorado. Equity was provided by Belay Investment Group, which was represented by Pircher, Nichols & Meeks LLP. Seller was represented by Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP. Financing was provided by Ready Capital Structured Finance, which was represented by Holland & Knight LLP.
- Represented E-Beverly Holdings, LLC and E-Bonnie Holdings, LLC, both affiliates of Brickstar Investments, in their sale of commercial real property located in Los Angeles, California for a total purchase price of $17,060,000. Buyer was represented by in-house counsel.
- Represented Ocean West Capital Partners in connection with the $13,500,000 refinance of The Strand – a 47,500 square foot office property located in Newport Beach, California. Ocean West entered into a loan to fund the refinance provided by LoanCore Capital Funding Corporation. LoanCore was represented by Gussis & Alexander LLC.
- Represented 800 Cesar Chavez Owner, LLC, an affiliate of DECA Holdings LLC , in its acquisition of an industrial property located in South San Francisco, CA for a purchase price of $30,000,000. Seller was represented by VLP Law Group, and our client’s JV partner was represented by Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
- Represented Beverly Pacific in connection with obtaining a $50,975,000 loan for La Privada at Scottsdale Ranch, a 350 unit apartment complex located in Scottsdale, Arizona. Financing was provided by CBRE Multifamily Capital, Inc./Fannie Mae who was represented by Jameson Babbitt Stites & Lombard, P.L.L.C.
- Represented Tides Equities, LLC in connection with its acquisition of a 244-unit apartment community known as The Nines Apartments, located in Tempe, Arizona. The property was purchased from a subsidiary of 3rd Avenue Investments LLC for $38,500,000. Equity was provided by Beverly Pacific, LLC, which was represented by Eisner, PC. The Buyer assumed Seller’s existing $22,254,000 securitized Freddie Mac loan, serviced by Walker & Dunlop, LLC. Seller was represented by Kingsley Law Firm LLC. Lender was represented by McGuire Woods LLP.
- Represented Benedict Canyon Equities, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of a 428-unit apartment community known as Avante Apartments, located in Phoenix, Arizona. The property was purchased from a subsidiary of Heers Management Company, LLC for $51,500,000. Equity was provided by The Capital Foresight Limited Partnership, which was represented by Jones, Ackerman and Corman LLP, through a tenant-in-common structure due to Capital Foresight’s need to complete a 1031 exchange. Financing in the aggregate amount of $40,000,000 was provided by KeyBank National Association. The Seller was represented by Warner Angle Hallam Jackson & Formanek PLC. Lender was represented by Snell & Wilmer LLP.
- Represented B.H. 1601 Lind Avenue, LLC, an affiliate of B.H. Properties, LLC, in obtaining a $22,750,000 bridge loan from CIT Bank, N.A. secured by an approximately 200,000 square foot office building in Renton, WA. The lender was represented by Sheppard Mullin.
- Represented Reliant Real Estate Management, LLC in connection with a $12 million private placement for the acquisition (and subsequent renovation and expansion) of a Class A self-storage facility consisting of 505 climate controlled units in Key West, Florida.