The Sklar Kirsh Real Estate Practice Group represents a wide array of institutional, entrepreneurial, and family office clients throughout the real estate life cycle involving the acquisition, financing, capital raising, leasing and ultimately the sale of all commercial and residential asset classes. In addition to providing legal services at the highest level, we have developed meaningful relationships within the capital markets and have successfully introduced our clients to both equity and financing sources for the capitalization of their projects.
While structuring real estate transactions, our attorneys have the legal knowledge, business acumen and capital market connections to provide superior legal counsel and business advice to our clients.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented GFO Echo, LLC, an affiliate of Gupta Family Office (formerly Redbridge Capital, LLC) in connection with a joint venture with Arden Qualified Opportunity Zone, L.P. (an affiliate of the Arden Group) formed for the construction of a $66,000,000 student housing project near UNLV in Las Vegas, Nevada. Arden was represented by its in-house counsel as well as Baker & McKenzie.
- Represented E-Clifton Ventures (an affiliate of Brickstar Investments) as the landlord in the leasing of property in Beverly Hills for use as a Cadillac dealership, for up to 15 years, valued at $10,000,000. The tenant is Argonaut Holdings, a division of General Motors, who was represented by Nelson Mullins.
- Represented International Creative Management (ICM) Partners in leasing office space near the White House to open an office in Washington, D.C. The landlord is Grosvenor, an international real estate holding company, who was represented by Goulston & Storrs.
- Represented Camerford, LLC, an affiliate of Micropolitan LLC, in its sale of a multi-family property located in Los Angeles, California for a total purchase price of $19,000,000. Buyer was represented by Jennings Strous Law Firm.
- Represented E-Beverly Holdings, LLC and E-Bonnie Holdings, LLC, both affiliates of Brickstar Capital, it their acquisition of a retail building located in Los Angeles, California for a purchase price of $7,950,000. The seller was represented by Seyfarth Shaw LLP.
- Represented E-Beverly Holdings, LLC, an affiliate of Brickstar Capital, in its acquisition of a commercial retail center in Las Vegas, Nevada known as Warm Springs Plaza for a total purchase price of $12,750,000.
- Represented TLUS Downey, LLC (an affiliate of Tokyu Land US Corporation) in connection with its preferred equity investment in a joint venture with Jefferson Southgate Manager, LLC (an affiliate of TDI Consolidated LLC) and SFA MF Holdings, LLC (an affiliate of Sumitomo Forestry America, Inc.), and in connection with a $60,000,000 loan from Principal Life Insurance Company to a subsidiary of the joint venture for the construction of a 4-story, 244-unit, apartment project in South Gate, California. The developer was represented by Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP and the lender was represented by Pepple Cantu Schmidt PLLC.
- Acted as counsel to Rick Moses by providing a guarantor opinion in connection with a $5,000,000 refinancing loan from ReadyCap Commercial, LLC to Cahuenga Investors, L.P. secured by the property located at 1518 N. Cahuenga Boulevard in Los Angeles, California. The lender was represented by Holland & Knight.
- Acted as local counsel in connection with a $25,000,000 loan from Ladder Capital Finance LLC to Kyle Bluebonnet MHC, LLC and Village Basecamp, LLC (both affiliates of R Partnership, LLC) to refinance the Coachland MH & RV Park in Truckee, California. Borrower’s primary counsel was Kuperman, Orr & Albers, P.C. while Frost Brown Todd LLC represented the lender.
- Represented Brixton NSE Port Orchard Fee Owner, LLC (an affiliate of New Standard Equities, Inc.) in connection with a $39,073,000 loan originated by CBRE Capital Markets, Inc. on behalf of Freddie Mac to refinance the Atlas Apartment Homes located in Port Orchard, Washington. The lender was represented by Jones, Ackerman & Corman LLP.