The Sklar Kirsh Corporate Practice Group is a full-service corporate department serving clients across a wide range of industries, primarily focused on the middle-market. The Corporate Practice Group provides the expertise and depth of a large firm while delivering the value and service level of a boutique law firm. Whether handling a complex transaction or serving as outside general counsel, the Sklar Kirsh Corporate Group maintains a single objective – to be the preeminent boutique corporate law department in Los Angeles.
Our clients range from closely held businesses to public companies, family offices, private investors and commercial lenders, and operate in a broad array of industries, including advertising, alternative energy, apparel, consumer products, entertainment and media, manufacturing, medical devices, restaurants/hospitality, social media and technology. With deep experience in each of these areas, our team is able to provide creative, practical advice and an impeccable level of service while counseling our clients through the entire life cycle of their businesses, from formation to disposition.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented Byron Allen’s, Entertainment Studios, in connection with multiple P&A loans for widely released theatrical motion pictures, including 47 Meters Down and Hostiles.
- Represented JMJD Ventures LLC in connection with its purchase of the Junkfood Clothing Company business, a vintage-inspired, licensed-graphics tee business, from Delta Apparel, Inc. (NYSE MKT:DLA) for approximately $28M.
- Represented Catalent, Inc., the New Jersey-based leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products, in its acquisition of Pharmatek Laboratories, Inc., a San Diego-based specialist in drug development and clinical manufacturing.
- Represented Michael Mina, the founder and award-winning chef of Mina Group, a restaurant management company specializing in creating and operating innovative restaurant concepts around the world, in connection with an investment by Paxion Capital Partners, a private equity firm.
- Represented Innovative Dining Group in restructuring and capital raising transactions for expansion of branded upscale dining brands.
- Represented a film production company in connection with a $250M syndicated slate and working capital facility.
- Represented Next Point Bearing Group, LLC, in its purchase of the business and assets of Alliance Bearing Industries, Inc., a direct importer and supplier of bearings, out of bankruptcy in a Section 363 asset sale; also negotiated the asset backed leverage facility that financed the transaction.
- We represented Angeleno Investors III, L.P. in its follow on investment in Series E Preferred Stock of Renew Financial Holdings Inc. which specializes in affordable financing for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects.
- Represented an acquirer in a stock purchase transaction in connection with its acquisition of an online community and brand for $13,125,000.
- Represented a US holding company in the reorganization, financing and establishment of a greater presence in the U.S. of a group of French animation production companies featuring highly popular French cartoon characters.