LOUISE D. NUTT, SENIOR COUNSEL
- Stanford University, B.A., Political Science
- Stanford Law School, J.D.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
Louise Nutt is Senior Counsel in Sklar Kirsh’s Litigation Department. Louise’s experience includes representing companies and individuals in various stages of civil litigation in state and federal court, including trial and appellate work. Prior to joining the firm, Louise worked at Glaser Weil Fink Howard Avchen & Shapiro LLP where she represented companies and individuals in entertainment, finance, banking, and real estate. Previously, she was an associate at Bryan Cave LLP, where she defended banks, franchisors, and other businesses in litigation, and also advised on social media policies, consumer protection issues affecting mobile apps, and emerging payment issues.
Louise grew up in Europe and Asia, then moved to the U.S. for university. While attending Stanford Law School, Louise was an editor-in-chief of the Stanford Journal of Civil Rights & Civil Liberties. Louise also worked in the Stanford Immigrants’ Rights Clinic.
Louise currently serves on the Board of Directors of St. Joseph Center, a non-profit that focuses on providing services to the homeless community in Los Angeles.