Real Estate / Financings
Sklar Kirsh provides comprehensive legal services to institutional and non-institutional lenders, real estate funds, individual investors, and family offices with respect to a wide array of real estate financings. We advise our clients on the structuring, negotiating and closing of financing transactions involving CMBS lending, senior mortgage financings, construction financings, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily loan programs, loan syndications and loan participations, subordinated debt and mezzanine lending.
Our real estate finance attorneys are well-versed in navigating sophisticated commercial real estate transactions in all sectors in and outside of Southern California. We also have significant experience representing borrowers and lenders in restructuring, workout and defeasance transactions.
Our depth of knowledge and experience allows us to successfully handle complex transactions and deliver legal services of the highest quality to our clients without losing sight of practical considerations.
- Represented eight mortgage borrowers and eight mezzanine borrowers that are all affiliates of B.H. Properties, LLC in connection with the modification of an approximately $100,000,000 mortgage loan and an approximately $150,000,000 mezzanine loan from New York Life Insurance Company, secured by three commercial properties in New York City, and the ownership interests in the eight mortgage borrowers, respectively. The lender was represented by Akerman LLP.
- Acted as local opinion counsel to 4629 Fulton, LLC, an affiliate of MWest Holdings, in connection with a $10,151,000 loan originated by Wells Fargo Bank, National Association on behalf of Freddie Mac that was secured by a multi-family housing project located in Sherman Oaks, California. Borrower’s primary counsel was Goldfarb & Fleece LLP. Lender was represented by Higier Allen & Lautin, P.C.
- Acted as local opinion counsel to San Pedro Lofts 1 LLC and San Pedro Lofts 2 LLC, both affiliates of MWest Holdings, in connection with a $22,767,000 loan originated by Wells Fargo Bank, National Association on behalf of Freddie Mac that was secured by a multi-family housing project located in San Pedro, California. Borrower’s primary counsel was Goldfarb & Fleece LLP. Lender was represented by Higier Allen & Lautin, P.C.
- Represented Orchid Heights LLC, an affiliate of Cores Management, Inc., in connection with the refinancing of an 81-unit multi-family housing project located in Canoga Park, California with a $30,053,000 loan originated by Greystone Servicing Company LLC on behalf of Freddie Mac. The lender was represented by Ballard Spahr.
- Represented B.H. Papago, LLC, an affiliate of B.H. Properties, LLC, in connection with a $15,000,000 loan from MUFG Union Bank, N.A. secured by an office building in Phoenix, Arizona. Rutan & Tucker, LLP represented the lender.
- Represented LW MSU, LLC, an affiliate of AMW QOZ Fund LLC, in obtaining construction financing in the amount of $31,500,000 from Great Southern Bank in order to develop a student housing project adjacent to Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri. Lender was represented by GableGotwals.
- Represented 6125 Canterbury LLC, 4325 Berryman LLC, 2810 Leeward LLC and 1840 Winona LLC, all affiliates of Vista Investment Group, in connection with a $30,357,632 loan from CIT Bank secured by four multi-family apartment buildings in the Los Angeles area. The lender was represented by Sheppard Mullin.
- Represented Ocotillo LA 9001SMB, LLC, an affiliate of Goldstein Planting Investments, LLC, in the financing of a construction loan for the development of a mixed-use property to contain commercial space and 46 multi-family units. The project is located at 9001 Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood, California. One complication the deal team addressed late in the process was Borrower’s work permits were expiring and they commenced work on-site prior to the closing of the loan. The $50,055,000 loan was funded by Pacific Western Bank who was represented by Eisner Law.
- Represented Miramar Property Group, LLC in its acquisition of a commercial office building located in Santa Clara, California for a total purchase price of $48,250,000. In order to acquire the property with the use of 1031 exchange funds, we assisted our client in forming four separate TIC entities. We also represented our client in obtaining a loan from Wells Fargo Bank in the amount of $31,945,000. Lender was represented by Holland & Knight.
- Represented S 300 E ARE, LLC, an affiliate of Arrowroot Real Estate, in acquiring two multi-family residential properties located in Salt Lake City, Utah for a total purchase price of $6,700,000. We also assisted our client in forming a joint venture with iintoo Investments LTD. Additionally, we represented our client in their obtaining a loan from MF1 Capital LLC in the amount of $6,500,000. Lender was represented by Holland & Knight.