Real Estate / Financings
Sklar Kirsh provides comprehensive legal services to institutional and non-institutional lenders, real estate funds, individual investors, and family offices with respect to a wide array of real estate financings. We advise our clients on the structuring, negotiating and closing of financing transactions involving CMBS lending, senior mortgage financings, construction financings, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily loan programs, loan syndications and loan participations, subordinated debt and mezzanine lending.
Our real estate finance attorneys are well-versed in navigating sophisticated commercial real estate transactions in all sectors in and outside of Southern California. We also have significant experience representing borrowers and lenders in restructuring, workout and defeasance transactions.
Our depth of knowledge and experience allows us to successfully handle complex transactions and deliver legal services of the highest quality to our clients without losing sight of practical considerations.
- Represented Specialty Healthcare Properties Subsidiary, LLC in connection with the refinancing of its medical office building in Beverly Hills with a $42,500,000 loan.
- Represented a joint venture between Sabal Investment Holdings and MLN Partners in connection with its $23,000,000 preferred equity investment with respect to Pendry San Diego, a 317-room luxury boutique hotel, and related agreements with the mortgage loan lender, hotel operator, hospitality manager, ground lessor and other parties.
- Represented Mosaic Real Estate in negotiating a participation with Benefit Street Partners on Mosaic’s existing $67,250,000 loan to Aspire on Fillmore, LLC, which is secured by real property located in Phoenix, AZ. The transaction involved, among other things, splitting the original note into two notes, amending the Loan Agreement and other loan documents.
- Represented Columbia Pacific in making a $6,800,000 loan to ADK Development Group, LLC for the financing of land and improvements associated with a two-unit, light industrial building located at 369-371 Blodgett Street, Cotati, CA 94931 (Sonoma). Loan proceeds were primarily used to refinance approximately $5.2 million in term debt held by a construction lender, to settle a federal tax lien filed against the guarantors, and to settle a settlement with a former company who had contracted to acquire one of the buildings.
- Represented eight mortgage borrowers and eight mezzanine borrowers that are all affiliates of B.H. Properties, LLC in connection with the modification of an approximately $100,000,000 mortgage loan and an approximately $150,000,000 mezzanine loan from New York Life Insurance Company, secured by three commercial properties in New York City, and the ownership interests in the eight mortgage borrowers, respectively.
- Acted as local opinion counsel to 4629 Fulton, LLC, an affiliate of MWest Holdings, in connection with a $10,151,000 loan, National Association on behalf of Freddie Mac that was secured by a multi-family housing project located in Sherman Oaks, California.
- Acted as local opinion counsel to San Pedro Lofts 1 LLC and San Pedro Lofts 2 LLC, both affiliates of MWest Holdings, in connection with a $22,767,000 loan, National Association on behalf of Freddie Mac that was secured by a multi-family housing project located in San Pedro, California.
- Represented Orchid Heights LLC, an affiliate of Cores Management, Inc., in connection with the refinancing of an 81-unit multi-family housing project located in Canoga Park, California with a $30,053,000 loan.
- Represented B.H. Papago, LLC, an affiliate of B.H. Properties, LLC, in connection with a $15,000,000 loan from MUFG Union Bank, N.A. secured by an office building in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Represented LW MSU, LLC, an affiliate of AMW QOZ Fund LLC, in obtaining construction financing in the amount of $31,500,000 in order to develop a student housing project adjacent to Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri.