Real Estate / Commercial Leasing
Sklar Kirsh’s real estate attorneys handle a wide range of commercial leasing matters representing both landlords and tenants. Our experience includes commercial lease transactions for office buildings, multi-unit tenant buildings, restaurants, shopping centers, mixed-use buildings and warehouses.
The commercial leasing practice at Sklar Kirsh combines an understanding of regional real estate markets, economic conditions and business needs with the practical ability to help clients define and achieve their objectives in a given transaction. We work with clients to identify and take advantage of the market conditions that support the business goals of our clients. At the same time, we look beyond the details of the immediate lease agreement to help clients plan for risk, expansion, assignment, renewal, adjustment and other considerations that can make a given set of lease terms right for their situation.
Our client list includes developers, insurance companies, pension funds, REITs, private investment companies and real estate development firms engaging in every type of office, retail and industrial lease transaction.
With this knowledge and practical experience, our attorneys successfully address the many complex details in lease transactions while crafting solutions that support the overall business objectives of our clients.
- Represented Shopoff Realty Investments in connection with its joint venture acquisition of a 165,000 square foot office park located in Goleta, California for $61,000,000. Concurrently with the acquisition, and as part of this same transaction, Shopoff immediately sold the ground lease interest in the Property for $22,000,000, while retaining a leasehold interest in the Property.
- Represented Shopoff Realty as the tenant in a 99-year ground lease, joint venturing with Contour, for 7+ acres along the 5 Freeway, valued at $100,000,000. The landlord is a joint venture comprised of Interstate 5 Firestone, LLC and Freeway Firestone, LLC.
- Represented La Cienega-Sawyer Ltd. and Rains, LLC in connection with a 35-year lease to Target Corporation for approximately 62,000 square feet of space in Plaza La Cienega in Los Angeles, just south of Pico Blvd. The lease has an approximate value of $63,000,000.
- Represented E-Clifton Ventures (an affiliate of Brickstar Investments) as the landlord in the leasing of property in Beverly Hills for use as a Cadillac dealership, for up to 15 years, valued at $10,000,000. The tenant is Argonaut Holdings, a division of General Motors.
- Represented International Creative Management (ICM) Partners in leasing office space near the White House to open an office in Washington, D.C. The landlord is Grosvenor, an international real estate holding company.
- Represented Scopely, Inc. in leasing 60,000+ square feet of space from a single purpose entity under the Runyon Group umbrella. The property is located at 8888 Washington Blvd. in Culver City, and Scopely is taking over 90% of the building, which is brand new construction and is part of The Platform, a new state of the art/cutting edge development at the Metro station in Culver City. The approximate total value of the lease is $60,000,000, on a triple net basis.
- Represented GPI in connection with the acquisition of an office building at 4343 Lankershim for approximately $11.5 million and concurrently we negotiated two leases with UCLA.
- Represented Dornin Investment Group as landlord in office and retail leases consisting of hundreds of thousands of square feet across a national portfolio.
- Represented Pontus Net Lease Advisors, LLC as landlord in connection with the lease of multiple car dealerships in Northern California.
- Represented Pacific Industrial, an industrial real estate developer, as landlord in connection with a lease transaction for 130,980 square feet of warehouse space in San Bernardino County.