Litigation / Real Estate Litigation
Our experienced real estate litigators counsel clients to minimize litigation risk and position disputes for a quick and fair resolution whenever possible. However, if litigation arises, our litigators are prepared to represent our clients’ interests aggressively. We represent clients in disputes across the entire real estate landscape, including disputes arising from purchase and sale, leasing, land use, partnership disputes, boundary lines, condemnation, construction defect, and quiet title. Our litigators routinely handle matters in state and federal trial courts, in courts of appeal, and through alternative dispute resolution to assert and defend our clients’ rights.
- Represented retail landlords nationwide to enforce their lease rights in asset sales and reorganizations during Chapter 11 bankruptcies. National multi-location retail tenants have included Kmart, Payless Shoes, Sports Authority, Toys R Us, Hometown Buffet, Hollywood Video, Linens ‘n Things, Mervyns, Bally’s Hotels and Casinos, Circuit City, Anchor Blue, KB Toys, RadioShack, Fresh & Easy, and Mattress Firm.
- Represented real estate agents, brokers, mortgage companies, and brokerage firms in connection with purchase and sale agreements, non-disclosure litigation and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Represented office, industrial, retail, and multi-family commercial landlords in their lease disputes involving claims for breach of lease, tenant defaults, guaranty litigation, and other disputes.
- Represented a real estate developer of a 25-unit apartment complex in defending against claims made by a lending institution.
- Represented clients in construction defect litigation, involving both residential and commercial properties.