Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions
As mergers and acquisitions counsel, Sklar Kirsh represents domestic and international purchasers and sellers, primarily in the middle-market arena. We advise our clients from the pre-acquisition stages of the company life-cycle through due diligence, preliminary agreements such as letters of intent, negotiation and documentation of the definitive agreements for the transaction, retention of key personnel, satisfaction of closing conditions and post-transaction implementation. We work closely with our client’s accountants, investment bankers, wealth managers, estate planners and other advisors to integrate the M&A transaction into the broader fabric of the client’s goals and planning. Following a sale transaction, we frequently continue to advise our clients on the structuring and investment of their proceeds.
We are particularly focused on delivering an organized, value-driven and efficient process that enables the transaction to close on time and on target, while minimizing interruption to operations. Our sell-side clients, ranging from entrepreneurs and family-owned businesses to private equity funds and other financial sponsors, respect and benefit from our ability to maximize and preserve value through careful structuring of sensible limitations on representations and warranties and post-closing indemnification risks. On the buy side, we represent operating companies seeking to grow market share by consolidation with competitors or to enhance their position by acquiring strategic targets in their supply or distribution chains, as well as entrepreneurs, private equity funds and other financial buyers looking for an entry point into a desired industry or region.
Our M&A attorneys are seasoned professionals with the necessary experience and skill to manage the full range of M&A transactions. We have executed transactions across a diverse range of industries, including aerospace, apparel, consumer products, entertainment and media, financial services, manufacturing, medical devices, pharmaceutical, professional services, restaurants/hospitality, social media and technology, and transportation and logistics.
- Represented leading podcaster Roman Mars in his sale of 99% Invisible to SiriusXM. Read about the deal here.
- Represented Roku, Inc., a company that has pioneered streaming to the TV, in its acquisition of the branded content division of Funny or Die, Inc., the comedy video website and film/television production company. Read about the deal here.
- Represented Ohmega Technologies, a leading manufacturer of advanced embedded thin-film resistive materials, in connection with its sale to Arcline Investment Management, a growth-oriented private equity firm with $1.5 billion of committed capital. Read about the deal here.
- Represented CineVizion in its sale to Platinum Equity, as part of Platinum’s larger acquisition of Deluxe Entertainment’s distribution business. The transaction reunites CineVizion’s founders Cyril Drabinsky and Warren Stein, the former long-time CEO and COO of Deluxe, back in those roles. Read about the deal here.
- Represented Datassential, the leading provider of data, intelligence and market research to the food service industry, in its significant growth investment from Spectrum Equity, a leading growth equity firm investing in the information economy. The investment represents the first institutional capital into Datassential and positions the company to continue its rapid growth while supporting the expansion of its client services team, staff of analysts and experts, sales and marketing capabilities and new product innovation. Read about the deal here.
- Represented HHS Construction, LLC and HHS Communications, LLC, a leading provider of infrastructure services to major telecommunications and cable providers primarily in Southern California and adjacent geographies, in its sale to Congruex LLC, a national end-to-end provider of design, engineering, construction, construction management and maintenance services to broadband service providers. Read about the deal here.
- Represented Live Nation Entertainment in connection with its acquisition of Los Angeles-based concert promoter Spaceland Presents, including its local music venues Echoplex, the Echo and the Regent.
- Represented a medical device company in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a strategic acquirer for a purchase price of $1.3 million.
- Represented the owners of a cosmetics company in their sale of the company to a private equity firm.
- Represented a lighting fixture manufacturer in connection with the sale of its assets to a private equity buyer for a purchase price of $15,000,000.