Corporate / Family Offices
Sklar Kirsh’s Family Office practice focuses on the multi-disciplinary needs of high net worth families. Our Corporate practice assists Family Offices with investments in private equity funds and other investment vehicles, acquisitions and dispositions of operating businesses, and succession planning. Within our Real Estate practice, we advise Family Offices with all manner of complex real estate investments, acquisitions, and financing transactions. In addition, our Litigation practice provides Family Offices with practical strategies to resolve disputes within the family and/or with third parties and, when necessary, aggressively litigates those cases to judgment.
- Represented our client, a family office, as lead investor in a $5 million Series B investment in a leading online wine distributor. We had previously represented the client in a secured convertible loan which converted into the Series B shares.
- Represented a family office in its various fund investments and equity investments in operating companies, which representation included providing fund review and analysis, review and analysis of equity investment documents, and negotiation of investment documentation.
- Represented siblings in creating ownership and governance structures for the development and exploitation of multi-generational family assets, including intellectual property rights in television and film properties.
- Represented several families in the formation of family office entities and in the formation of alternative investment vehicles for joint investment activities.
- Represented a family in connection with the exchange and restructuring of real estate assets held in multifamily entities.
- Represented a family office in connection with tax, securities, and partnership issues related to the transfer of investment fund and other limited partnership interests between family-controlled holding companies.
- Represented a family in restructuring holding companies to facilitate liquidity for family trusts by creating separate structures for real estate, alternative, and more freely-tradable assets.
- Represented a family with substantial private equity and hedge fund investments in the formation of family holding company and related recapitalizations and inter-generational transfers and gifts.
- Represented a family office in connection with its $6,000,000 investment for a control-position in an established restaurant chain.
- Represented a family office in a joint venture with another family office to acquire an aerospace parts manufacturer.