Bankruptcy / Restructuring
Experienced in the range of techniques that bring companies through financial distress and rebuild business confidence, we move companies forward by restructuring debt, both in and out of court. Our lawyers help reorganize balance sheets, renegotiate credit facilities and build the necessary consensus to turn around companies. We work with clients to navigate them through reorganizations, restructurings and the Chapter 11 process via auctions, refinancings and intercreditor-agreements.
- Represented the majority owner of a 100,000+ sq. ft. shopping center that had multiple owners. Despite a contentious battle with the other owners and the lender, we were able to successfully resolve the disputes resulting in a confirmed Chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
- Represented AVP Pro Beach Volleyball, based in Southern California, in its bankruptcy and eventual sale to a new owner, which breathed new life into what is today viewed as the premier pro beach volleyball tournament.
- Represented Reference Clothing Company in its Chapter 11 proceedings, which included maximizing profitability in under-market leases and other lease issues for its 60 retail locations. We eventually guided the apparel company in its sale through a successful auction to the Forever 21 chain.
- Represented East Coast Bagel Co. in its bankruptcy and reorganization. The process included bringing in strategic investment advisors, marketing assets, finding the optimal buyer, and guiding the company through an auction process that maximized return to creditors and maintained the multi-location chain's brand.
- Represented owners of a Radisson hotel (200+ keys) in greater Los Angeles as debtor and debtor in possession. Our attorneys guided the owners through a successful Chapter 11 process, which included an asset sale and contentious claims in a companion case.