ABIGAIL W. HENDERSON, ASSOCIATE
Abigail Henderson is an Associate in the Firm’s Bankruptcy and Restructuring Group. Abbie has a dynamic financial restructuring and reorganization practice, advising clients through Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 proceedings and negotiating with creditors and stakeholders to restructure debt in a sustainable manner outside the courtroom. Abbie represents receivers, trustees in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 proceedings, and creditor committees. She provides clients with business counseling, asset liability and cash flow analysis, and advises businesses on wind down options.
Prior to joining Sklar Kirsh, Abbie practiced at a boutique bankruptcy firm on the East Coast. She received her Juris Doctorate from University of North Carolina School of Law and a Bachelor of Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Recently, Abbie has played key roles in many complex bankruptcy, restructuring and litigation matters including:
- Representing a Chapter 11 trustee resulting in a confirmed plan of liquidation
- Representing an unsecured creditors committee in a bankruptcy involving a class action claim
- Serving as counsel for a Chapter 7 trustee in the disposition of numerous bankruptcy estates
- Obtaining defense verdict in arbitration where claimant sought in excess of $800,000 for an alleged breach of a software implementation contract
- Assisting in an arbitration involving construction dispute, which resulted in favorable decision for client
- Assisting in a federal lawsuit concerning insurance misrepresentation