Sklar Kirsh’s real estate attorneys handle a wide range of commercial leasing matters representing both landlords and tenants. Our experience includes commercial lease transactions for office buildings, multi-unit tenant buildings, restaurants, shopping centers, mixed-use buildings and warehouses.
The commercial leasing practice at Sklar Kirsh combines an understanding of regional real estate markets, economic conditions and business needs with the practical ability to help clients define and achieve their objectives in a given transaction. We work with clients to identify and take advantage of the market conditions that support the business goals of our clients. At the same time, we look beyond the details of the immediate lease agreement to help clients plan for risk, expansion, assignment, renewal, adjustment and other considerations that can make a given set of lease terms right for their situation.
Our client list includes developers, insurance companies, pension funds, REITs, private investment companies and real estate development firms engaging in every type of office, retail and industrial lease transaction.
With this knowledge and practical experience, our attorneys successfully address the many complex details in lease transactions while crafting solutions that support the overall business objectives of our clients.
SEE ALL Representative Matters
- Represented E-Clifton Ventures (an affiliate of Brickstar Investments) as the landlord in the leasing of property in Beverly Hills for use as a Cadillac dealership, for up to 15 years, valued at $10,000,000. The tenant is Argonaut Holdings, a division of General Motors, who was represented by Nelson Mullins.
- Represented International Creative Management (ICM) Partners in leasing office space near the White House to open an office in Washington, D.C. The landlord is Grosvenor, an international real estate holding company, who was represented by Goulston & Storrs.
- Represented Scopely, Inc. in leasing 60,000+ square feet of space from a single purpose entity under the Runyon Group umbrella. The property is located at 8888 Washington Blvd. in Culver City, and Scopely is taking over 90% of the building, which is brand new construction and is part of The Platform, a new state of the art/cutting edge development at the Metro station in Culver City. The approximate total value of the lease is $60,000,000, on a triple net basis.
- Represented GPI in connection with the acquisition of an office building at 4343 Lankershim for approximately $11.5 million, which was financed by East West Bank, and concurrently we negotiated two leases with UCLA.
- Represented Dornin Investment Group as landlord in office and retail leases consisting of hundreds of thousands of square feet across a national portfolio.
- Represented Pontus Net Lease Advisors, LLC as landlord in connection with the lease of multiple car dealerships in Northern California.
- Represented Pacific Industrial, an industrial real estate developer, as landlord in connection with a lease transaction for 130,980 square feet of warehouse space in San Bernardino County.
- Represented Evercore Partners Services East L.L.C. as tenant in office leases consisting of hundreds of thousands of square feet across a national portfolio.
- Represented a joint venture between Vista Investment Group, LLC, and Lowe Enterprises Investment Management, LLC, as landlord in a lease transaction for 92,864 square foot building containing approximately 22,240 square feet of working cleanroom space used for research, design and production of electronic components, and approximately 70,624 square feet of office space, in San Jose, California.
- Represented Harridge Development in the lease up of a 150,000 square foot office building in Hollywood, California.